*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842472-Thing--Chapter-6
Rated: 13+ · Other · Teen · #1842472
Chapter 6- That Golden Rule
Stacey made me realise that I really didn't need people like Gem and Lucas in my life. They were worthless back stabbers, and no matter how much I knew Gem was using Lucas, I still wasn't angry, I was confused. He had told me he was completely over her after what she did, why would he just get together with her so suddenly? He acted like he was into me, why did he then get together with the girl who messed us both around? I had to face that some questions would never get answered.

It didn't take me long to notice that I was over Lucas, it only took around 12 hours, a new personal best. By lunch it was quite easy for me to see them together; even though they thought they were making me jealous, well, at least Gem did anyway. Lucas didn't look like he was really 'into' the realtionship, not as much as Gem was. To be honest, he looked bored around her. He didn't make me heart flutter anymore, I didn't want to talk to him when I saw him, I didn't get upset seeing them together and I definatly didn't think it was love anymore.

Me and Stace had lessons together all day. History with Mr. Oakland had to be a personal highlight; just seeing the way Stacey swooned when he walked past cheered me up. He was very socially awkward, quite geeky too, but he had a certain charm about him, an innocence almost. His lessons were always interesting and he always made everyone laugh, but if you were to ask anyone why they were laughing, they wouldn't know. We spent most of that hour lesson planning what to wear for the gig and what we were going to do for the rest of the weekend with Annie and Morgan. Stacey said they were really excited too and that they needed a weekend out to get away from the stress of exams.

I wasn't too bothered about seeing Spurius anymore, afterall I was still friends with Joe, Max and the rest of the band, it was only Lucas I hated. Plus, there would be loads of other lads there too, hopefully a chance to meet someone decent for once. Not being selfish, but I really needed a good relationship after everything that had happened in the past few days. I had to show Gem and lucas I wasn't bothered about their realtionship and that it really didn't make me jealous. I had prom to look forward to anyway.

"You feeling better then?" Stacey asked me in the middle of chemistry.

"Yeah, I guess so. They can't control me forever, can they? Got to look the the positives in situations like this."

"You're right, this all means you can meet an amazing guy on Saturday night," Stacey winked at me and we both burst into uncontrollable amounts of laughter, which was ended quite quickly with scowls from Mr. Williams. We had already sat the exam so I don't know what his problem was, I guess he just hated happiness and being enjoying themselves. Well, that or he hated people talking about relationships, after his own two failed marriages, one with one of the business teachers in the school who changed her name half way through the year.

"Emma?" I knew exactly who it was, I wasn't going to turn around. I was on my way home after a good day, I wasn't going to have it ruined, "I know you can hear me, just turn round I think we need to talk." No, we didn't need to talk. You're pathetic! I couldn't tell what was my thoughts and what I was actually saying.

"Just go away, I don't want anything to do with you, I thought I'd made that clear," obviously not clear enough.

"I know, but I want to apologise, I didn;t mean to upset you like that."

"JUST GO AWAY GEM!" I couldn't help but scream, all she had done is cause me misery and she thought crawling back to me would work, no chance.

"We need to talk about Lucas, he's not over you."
© Copyright 2012 E.C.Ware (em_ware at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842472-Thing--Chapter-6