*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842655-Just-for-today-Read-about-it-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1842655
A short document to achieve our goals
Hi All,

If you have 10 mints of time amidst your busy schedule, tune into this article. I bet at the end of the article, you would feel so good about yourself and will start doing something different.

Lets put it this way. I see majority of the people in the world today who have lost their goal completely. Well, that might be a rude statement in the beginning of the document but you have to admit that its the truth.

Especially when you are working on a software firm - be it coding, managing, business solutions, architects, etc etc. Its all headache. Though you get a lot of money from the work which you do not generally get from other jobs, there are lots of disadvantages to add on to this field it too.

Let us talk in detail. Shall we?

Ok. To begin with, I hope everyone would have taken some resolutions in every new year. Let us take last year. Shall we? How many resolutions did you take last year and how many of them came true? Was it the work pressure that made you lose your track in goals? If yes, I am confident that the same work pressure is not going to achieve you any of the resolutions in this year too (I am not scaring you) provided if you do not change the way you work towards your goal in a slightly different manner.

To make it very simple and straight forward, the easiest way for happiness or achieving goals is the "Just for today" policy.

If you have a goal of quitting smoking or drinking - "Just for today, I would not smoke or drink" say this phrase in the morning when you brush and in the night before you crash to the bed "Hats off <your name> for not smoking or drinking today"

This policy had been working for years now for me and guess what? I have achieved (in fact exceeded expectations) in all my personal and work life! Try it out starting today. You have an enormous gift in your hand - "Your life" - Live it the way you want :) Wish you all luck :)
© Copyright 2012 arvind_cool (arvind_bcool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842655-Just-for-today-Read-about-it-