*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842819-My-Boat
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1842819
This is a philosophical simile about life. Enjoy!
My Boat

My Boat though not large but stoutly built has seen me through this long passage with little complaint so far. When I first got this boat to sea it was fast and nimble. Though with my limited experience the craft was often in danger and at times damaged by my poor judgment. As I noticed one day that time and abuse was starting to show, I decided to work long and hard to make this boat like new again. Funny though despite all of my efforts and the fact that the boat was made to be stronger, the vessel disappoints me as it is slower and more prone to small malfunctions more often. The effort seemed to be in vain as the boat would never be what it once was and so I then fell into neglecting the craft and let time have her way. This was a poor choice as the boat over a few years became hardly sea worthy at all. I was much distressed by this fact and so decided then that even though the vessel may never be made new again or be as fast as it once was, it would serve me for many more years to come with careful handling and a little maintenance. I therefore have decided to care for this boat, it being the only one I have, the boat being MY BODY and the sea in which I travel is time.
John R. Steadham
© Copyright 2012 sailing medic (sailingmedic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1842819-My-Boat