*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843115-A-Dinosaur-Threatens-The-Fort
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1843115
What kind of threat had Tommy discovered?

"OK Tommy," Richard said.  "You know the rules.  You have to answer a question before you can enter."

"Come on guys," Tommy said, "I'm not good at questions."

That was an understatement.  But, rules are rules.  After all, we couldn't just let an intruder into our scrap wood secret fort.

"I'll ask you an easy one," I said.

"Well, go ahead then Donald," Tommy said.

"Why did the dinosaur cross the road?" I said.  "That's the question."

"What kind of a question is that?" Tommy whined.

"An easy one," Richard said.  "Come on, why did the dinosaur cross the road?"

Truthfully, it really wasn't a question, but a joke that Richard had told me just before Tommy knocked on the door.

"To get to the other side?" Tommy guessed.

"Nah," Richard said.  "That was the chicken.  The dinosaur crossed the road to eat the chicken."

Richard and I were lucky not to hurt ourselves we laughed so hard.  Tommy wasn't impressed.  After calming down, we let him in.

"Geez guys," Tommy said, "when I heard that question after seeing the huge footprint over by the brook, I thought you were on to something."

Of course we had to immediately check out the "huge footprint" over by the brook.

Darned if Tommy hadn't discovered something.  Fresh too, as the mud was still wet.

"This could be a T-Rex," Richard exclaimed.

Just then, there was a rustling in the bushes.

"Run!" Tommy screamed.  He took off really fast, but in the wrong direction, running directly into the brook.  Dripping wet, he picked himself up, and pointed a shaky finger at the still shaking bushes.  "Look out."

"Hello Donald," came from the bushes.

Oh no.  Debbie, Sara and Marsha emerged, holding up a plastic dinosaur foot.  A worse threat then a T-Rex.

© Copyright 2012 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843115-A-Dinosaur-Threatens-The-Fort