*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844929-Milk-Consumption-is-Still-Healthy
Rated: E · Editorial · Health · #1844929
Is milk still healthy to consume in a regular diet?
Milk Consumption is Still Healthy




Many people drink milk on a daily basis as a part of a diet. Is it really safe for consumption on a routine basis? For years parents have been giving their children milk on a regular basis, believing it is helping their health. However, some doctors and researchers believe otherwise; they believe the contents of milk are more harmful than good. This battle between researchers and doctors over dairy products has parents extremely weary of giving their children milk as a staple piece of their diet. The nutrients that milk offers are still beneficial and healthy for the human body; milk should continue to be a part of everyone’s daily diet.



Milk provides a source of vital nutrients and vitamins the human body needs to continue to function in a safe and healthy way. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, drinking just three servings of milk a day will give a body the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Although, several researchers have found that the saturated fats found in milk and other dairy products can lead to heart disease and other potentially serious health problems from having milk in a daily basis. People however who are genetically prone to such health problems are still recommended to have low fat or non-fat dairy in their diet. Even with a low fat or non-fat intake, the individual can still get other important nutrients that milk offers and continue to stay healthy.



Several aspects of milk are used as a protectant against many forms of cancer. In years past milk has been thought to have been a strong factor in causing most cancers from high fat content. Calcium, Vitamin D, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and whey proteins can all be found in milk. These same nutrients can help reduce the risk of colon, breast and other forms of cancer. Not only are these important nutrients found in milk able to protect the body from cancers, but there are more odds against the body than just the intake of things found in milk.



People with milk allergies and those who are lactose intolerant can still have dairy products on a regular basis. Many who oppose the drinking of milk claim that the effect of drinking it causes discomfort that is most commonly referred to be titled as lactose intolerance. Those who claim to be lactose intolerant consider the common signs of intolerance to automatically be the real deal. There is more to lactose intolerance than the symptoms of bloating, abdominal cramps and flatulence. Although the majority of people who have milk allergies outgrow them when they are children or even adults, milk is often recommended to be taken out of the diet until the allergic reaction is over with and to be reintroduced so the patient can still benefit from the nutrients that milk has to offer to the body. Those who claim to be lactose intolerant can still digest a small quantity of lactose, and those who have a long term break from intake of milk can suffer with bone health, hypertension and other disorders from not giving the body the calcium, potassium and other minerals and vitamins needed to have a healthy body.



Milk should continue to be part of a daily diet in order to stay healthy. Drinking milk will provide the body with nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Not only will milk give the body what it absolutely needs to function but it also provides several protectants against many forms of cancers and other health issues. Lactose intolerant diets can still have a variation of milk in it to continue a healthy lifestyle. Milk has all the nutrients needed to keep a healthy lifestyle for everyone; it’s something to not be afraid about.

© Copyright 2012 Johnson (j.johnson94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844929-Milk-Consumption-is-Still-Healthy