*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845403-There-is-One-Thing-that-is-Everything
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1845403
This article is about how energy and what we call god are the same thing.
There is one thing that is everywhere, because it is everything, we know it scientifically as energy and we also know it spiritually as god (or spirit, or unified consciousness, or the unknown, et cetera). It is one and the same; the word ‘energy’ focuses on the potential of it, whereas the word ‘god’ focuses on the consciousness of it. Really, the words themselves do not matter; the thing they describe is the same. You can say that it is the one thing that exists, it is everything, and everything is it. You too are a part of everything, so it is in you too, in fact it is you, since you are a piece of it. So is everyone. In this way we are all equal, even though we each have our own unique perspective in life.

When we feel skeptical we say “if there was a god he wouldn’t let such terrible things happen in the world”. We say that when we do not recognize that we each are pieces of god, and thus that the cause of good comes from ourselves. When we do recognize this fact, this is when we have the faith that good things will happen, which is what makes good things happen. So, having faith in yourself is in fact having faith in god, and since god is everything, it transfers from you to everyone else. This is how energy is given from one to another, through using our free will to cause good in the world.

When we have faith in ourselves and others, we cause good in the world, and when we live in this way, we feel happy and connected with people and the world around us. When we don’t, this is when we feel like it’s ‘us against the world’, we feel cut off from the spirit of life, which is that connection with others, and everything becomes more difficult. This is why people ‘get what’s coming to them’, if you spend your time focused on the worst in people, then you are both doing them wrong and yourself, since you will not feel as much joy in life. If you focus on the goodness in people, then you will have a rich and fulfilled life of happiness. This is what we call karma.

All of this comes from our own free will, which means we have free choice of where to focus our energy (or intention, or attention). In the end, everything you do, everything you choose, is all completely your choice. In the truest sense, you make your own choices; no one else can ever do it for you. What you choose determines how your life will be; if you choose to focus on the goodness in yourself and others, you will have a fulfilled life, or if you choose to focus on what you see as flaws in people or yourself, you would have a life you’d regret in the end; you ‘get what you give’ in life. In knowing this, and feeling the truth of it right to your core, you can see that there is all the reason in the world to choose to have faith in the goodness of life. You can see through choosing this, that there is unlimited potential in the good you can cause in the world, and the ‘world’ includes each individual person in it. This is something only you can prove to yourself using your own free will and your own unique way of doing things.

© Copyright 2012 Adam Webster (adamwebster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845403-There-is-One-Thing-that-is-Everything