*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845515-The-Tale-Honda-Civic-vs-the-Bugatti
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1845515
The new age tale of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady doesn't always win the race
Once upon a time, a Bugatti that went to the gas station to refuel as it was about to hit empty. As a matter of chance, he saw a slow-moving Honda civic over in the distance and began mocking him. The civic felt rusty and old, so challenged the Bugatti to a race. The Bugatti only chuckled and accepted the challenge. The next morning, they two meet at the starting point of the race and wait for it to begin. As expected the Bugatti left the Civic in the dust. Racing at dash speed over half the distance to the goal, refueled, got an oil change, put air in the tires. During this time the Civic had been slow and steady the entire time. When the Bugatti realized that it was getting late it decided to go max speed to the finish line. Only realizing that the Civic had still been a half an hour away, and could have gotten a car wash before coming to the finish line. This story, therefore, teaches us that one who move quick and efficient will not lose. That’s what I say, “Quick and efficient wins the race.”



This is obviously the revamped version of the Tortuous and the Hare, a story that instills the belief that slow and steady always wins the race. This is a foolish teaching in my eyes because it lacks validity in this day and age it is not true. Today, the quicker and more efficient will win and has time and time again throughout history. Technology is the backbone to my statement and belief. Through hard work and labor we have come up with an aid to help us get to the goal quicker. This can be in terms of cooking and a grill and microwave, advancements in technology that have made it possible to make meals within a 10 minute period, that at one time took all day. Immediate gratification is what everybody wants in this day and age. Phones that you can take in your hand and travel with. Phones that can play videos and games off of, thousands of applications that we can obtain at our fingertips in the click of a button. Quicker service, cheaper, more options all goals of almost every industry.

There are no tricks or short cuts; you have to put in the manpower to achieve your goal. Learn what you can to advance yourself in any situation, in life. If you’re in the situation where you have a job opportunity that has and on-the-job-interview with you and 9 other individuals. There they make you showcase your skills by having you perform the tasks of the job, you try to show that you can perform better than all your competition by being more efficient. The key is making no mistakes while performing at full capacity, and if you have the technology or the drive, if you have put in the work, then you will be victorious. Stories deliver messages that we should take to heart, and in this case I think it was absolutely disgusting that anybody would try to instill this belief on a child. Time and time again this message can be discredited from the experiences that I have had. You can look from funny to serious situations where the result is the same; if I were to be quicker the goal would have been achieved.

The story of the tortuous vs. the hare wants you to believe that slow and steady wins the race. This can be true, but the times when it becomes apparent are rare, this is shown only when you become careless. I am disgusted that this message is delivered because I interpret this as an excuse. Being Lazy and incompetent will never wins, so why would I sit back and relax while all my friends are driven and moving towards their goals as quick as they can. One thing that I have learned is that you will need to hurry up and wait a lot in life. Who wants to be living at home with their parents? Who wants to worry about retirement? Who wants to worry about the bills? This is the motivation that I have to achieve my goals. How am I going to take care of the woman I love? I will race for these answers; I will go as quick and as hard as I can in every aspect of life if I can find the answers to these questions. I am impatient and I am pissed, slow and steady has never been a valid option to live your life, so why is it told to us as children?

In the terms of business slow and steady has never won the race. Since when have you asked for the slowest delivery method possible? If you wanting to use the parcel industry to send a document or an item across United States, of course you would want it there quicker. Are you willing to pay the extra cost to get that message to its destination sooner? When you put in the extra effort, your world opens up. When you’re in the food industry, slow and steady or quick and efficient, obviously we prefer the quick and efficient. I want my food as quick as it can be delivered to me. I want my money as quick as I can get it without calling J.G. Wentworth. Supply and demand is the rule of business and the quicker I provide the supply to satisfy the demand, my demand for money does not decrease. More efficient in delivering the supply, more commas are added to my bank account. I do not want to add a slow and steady amount of pay to my account, that causes stress.

A predator cannot simply be slow and steady; they must know when to strike. A predator can be cautious, progressing to their goal slowly. The more advanced predator is a quicker version. This is the story of the world, survival of the fittest. Before our time on this earth there were super predators known as dinosaurs, creatures of all shapes and sizes that roamed the earth. As the small creatures emerged from the primordial soup, it was a fight to survive I a primal land. You must be able o fend for yourself. Whoever was more dominate on the food chain lived, the frail and weak died. In modern terms this message stands true to my beliefs. I believe the concept of super predator can be used as a synonym for us, humans. In our case, e fight tooth and nail to define who we are. If we fail to accomplish our goals the system that is life will make you but another number. To me that is a concept that is terrifying, more than the boogey man but I will change into Mr. Hyde in my businesses to define myself.

One of the greatest American dreams is to become President of the United States. In this honor there is a responsibility, duty, and the heart of a patriot that is worn by all who have help the prestigious title. A dream that is grand and masterful, with an orchestra that plays the strings of your heart. You become the king of your own craft or master of your own destiny. In the movie the Wizard of Oz there is a yellow brick road that leads to the Kingdom of Oz. The road should be a metaphor for the destination in your dreams. As long as you believe you are able to obtain it, you can, and that is your Kingdom of Oz. You pave the path to walk along side while on the yellow brick road. When you create a matrix that you design, a medium to which you can excel, a paradise that you can call reality. The question you must ask yourself after a long look in the mirror is who do you want to be, Garfield the orange fat cat, or are you Simba King of the Jungle. Whatever your decision is, you should have the desire to dominate.

Perform the best you can at everything you do. With pride, perform the tasks that you are supposed to complete. Excel and stand out, show what makes you unique because we have a limited time on this earth. When your slow and steady you stress about winning, if you’re ahead of the race you can enjoy the view. Hurry up and live, or hurry up and die.



© Copyright 2012 M.B. Sheldon (msheldon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845515-The-Tale-Honda-Civic-vs-the-Bugatti