*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845716-Two-For-The-Show
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1845716
Tickets come and tickets go.

My big brother Kevin was at it again.

Remember his first scheme, counting cards at the Mohegan Sun?  We had a good run before being spotted and banned from every casino in the country.

"You invested your winnings.  With your condo, your car, your boat, you don't have enough?" I asked.

"What's enough?" Kevin laughed.  "Life needs to be an adventure."

That was Kevin.

"This is better then the card games," he continued.  "A network of servers will buy good seats for shows and sporting events as soon as they go on sale, reselling them using services like Stub Hub for a premium.  The entire process automated."

"But that's scalping!"  I protested.  "This is illegal, isn't it?"

"Buying and reselling tickets is a huge business," Kevin responded.  "But people spend hours at it.  That's too much like work.  We'll automate the process."

I know.  Saying that everybody's doing it didn't work when you were a kid.  Except that even then, it worked for Kevin.  He was always convincing.

Kevin would setup the process.  I'd help oversee things.

Sure enough, Kevin's process started printing money.  We'd soon be rich.

Maybe.

The process was working so well that Kevin couldn't get tickets he wanted.  They were bought and sold before he could get them.  No problem.

Just a "minor adjustment".  Target the games and concerts that Kevin likes; Kevin with his unusual tastes.  The process started buying hundreds of tickets to events that five people were interested in.  Our partnership was paying for the unused tickets, AUTOMATICALLY.

Another "minor adjustment".  Limit the number of tickets bought.  Great!  We ended up with one ticket to the Super bowl.  Lots of profit in that.

We shut down before another "minor adjustment" bankrupted us.  I'll remember this adventure the next time Kevin comes calling.  Promise.

© Copyright 2012 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845716-Two-For-The-Show