*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845764-Daily-Flash-Fiction-Challenge
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1845764
Barnyard Blues
Cluck ran toward the chicken coop as fast as she could, the others were already eating and Cluck was really hungry. She was the smallest chicken on the farm and couldn't get past Rooster and Hen, they were gobbling up all the food! Suddenly, Cluck had an idea, she needed to create a diversion. Jack the donkey was sunning himself in the pasture nearby, Cluck snuck up quietly behind him and with all her might she pecked him on the leg! Jack started jumping and snorting and kicking like a wild stallion and Rooster and Hen stopped eating to see what was going on. That was all Cluck needed, she sped to the food and jumped right into the bowl. She laid there and ate until she was full. meanwhile Rooster and Hen smiled at each other because their daughter had learned a new trick and they were so proud. From then on they always made room for Cluck when it was time to eat.
© Copyright 2012 Sunnyblue (sunnyblue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1845764-Daily-Flash-Fiction-Challenge