*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846332-DREAM-UNFULFILLED
Rated: E · Short Story · Tragedy · #1846332
The fiasco of the family of Hoccus whose dream was hijacked by the elements of this world
As if moved from one end of the room to the other facing the ceiling, a particular question kept on reoccuring to his mind 'what shall I do?
In attempt to answer this question he heard a knock at his door. Immediately he cheered up and looked at the mirror to observe himself if he is ok inorder to avoid being questioned by whosoever that is knocking at the door. When he opened the door he was nonplaused at who he saw. It was his old school friend Poccus who he never expected that they will have contact again. They exchanged greetings for morethan 15 minutes.
Hoccus started; Oh my God look at how handsome and robust you are now,you remember then in school you were so skimmy just as a broom stick. Poccus replied; it was what I was aiming at then that kept me in such an undesirable outfit. You know then, I don't joke with my studies, it was my first at the same time second and third priority before other things follows. Likewise me replied Hoccus but it was my bad friends that destroyed my dreams and aspiration, I regret the day I met them. I have been thinking of what to do even at the time you came in. Imagine, I work day and and night at the end nothing to show for,it seems I can't fit in anywhere again. You are still capable says Poccus,the fact is that what you would have done then when you were still young thats what you want to do now at this your age which is impossible. Am thinking of the easiest way to commit suicide as I speak to you says Hoccus. No no no Poccus replied thats a big crime between God and man . I think I can do something to help you out. Oh thank you very much, I really appreciate your kind gesture. As you can see is already getting dark, I must be on my way now, we continue the conversation tomorrow says poccus. He stood up and Hoccus saw him off.
Very early the next day Hoccus rose up and went to tap his palm wine. Now his mind was gladen expecting his friend Poccus to reveal what he can do to relieve him from his problems.
It was 4.00 pm here comes Poccus. You are welcome says Hoccus. Thank you very much replied Poccus. Immediately Hoccus went in and brought out a gallon of palm wine which the drank as they were discussing about their old school days. It got to a certain extent of their conversation Poccus asked him about his family, is a long story Hoccus replied but to cut the whole story short; my wife died five years ago after she was being raped by some hunters from the neigbouring village, before her death we had three children, two boys and a girl, the girl died a day to her wedding and one of the two boys died a ghastly motor accident last week. I have just only one boy left with me, tears was already running down his cheek. Oh very sorry Poccus tried to to console him. Do you know what call me the boy, Hoccus went in and called the son. When he arrived Poccus asked him his name and the level of education he had attained. He replied my name is Roccus and I completed my secondary school education 5 years ago because of finiancial constrain I have being at home since then. Do you know what says Poccus, I will sponsor you in higher institution. At hearing this both Hoccus and Roccus were short of words. The only thing Hoccus could utter was thank very much, oh how do I appreciate your kindness towards the welfare of this family may God richly bless you. Amen replied Poccus.I shall be going back to the city two weeks time, I will come and pick him when am set to go.
Two weeks later, they were ready to go back to the city. Now Hoccus has already advised his son Roccus to always be a Good boy.
When the got to the city he bought form for Roccus,he wrote the exam and passed it even the interview inclusive. He was offered Banking and finance at Lexus University.
Five year later he graduated with a first class and immediately after his youth service he got a job at the bank instantly. Things was now working out fine for him. Unfortunately for him,two years after his employment he had an accident on his way to his office,he died on the spot. When the dad Hoccus heard this he could not bear it, he died also. It was a very absurd news that was roaming every nook and cranny of the village. May the gentle souls of the family of Hoccus rest in peace. Amen.
© Copyright 2012 The Light (richharry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846332-DREAM-UNFULFILLED