*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847154-PE-4-first-internal-crisis
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1847154
1st crisis for Juliet
Juliet’s First Internal Crisis

Juliet and Keno are in an established relationship.  Things have been going along fine, but Keno is going to a poker tournament in Las Vegas and arranges for Juliet to meet him there for a long romantic weekend.

Excitement is replaced by fear in Juliet when she realizes she is not at all comfortable with flying.  She becomes obsessive about her anxiety and doesn’t reveal to Keno she is afraid to fly thinking she can handle the stress.  However, on the day of her journey she is a bag of nerves and finds ways to procrastinate, waiting until the last moment to depart.

Basically, Keno has mapped out everything for her so all she has to do is worry.  During the limo ride in a storm she medicates herself with a glass of wine.  Procrastinating even further before boarding the plane, she doesn’t want to draw anymore attention to herself so she relents and enters the plane.

More anxiety roars its head when she discovers she has a window seat.  Her seatmate supports her by administering cocktails to ease the tension and holding her hand.  She soon sleeps and when she wakes at the end of the trip she is relieved and thinks the flight wasn't all that bad, maybe.

© Copyright 2012 Endless Enigma (charmed1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847154-PE-4-first-internal-crisis