*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847236-My-hidden-braveness
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1847236
A real story made me to realize that i have hidden my braveness so many days inside me.
From my childhood, I had never left alone at home even when my parents were out. They arrange some one mostly, our friends or our neighbors to take care of me. During day time I managed myself as I go to school and come back only at evening, but during night I had never got a chance to stay alone as some one will be there to take care of me.

May be that had turned as disadvantage for me. I created the situation such that I could never stay alone at night and I started to get afraid of dark imagining the dark as a scary one. I had never told about my fear to anyone thinking that they might criticize me.

It was the first time after my marriage I was supposed to stay alone at night. My hubby had gone out of station officially. i had a son and his age was 3. Sometimes I even felt funny about myself because of the fear of dark I built from my childhood. 

We lived in an apartment. As we were new to the city we didn’t know anyone there. Even some of the furniture had not been placed yet. I was busy in preparing dinner as my child was already in a semi sleep state, so I hurried. After feeding him, I cleaned the place and laid him on the bed.

Then I had my dinner and watched TV for sometimes as I didn’t get sleep because of fear. Every time when I felt drowsy, I washed my face and sat frozen at the edge of the sofa. Suddenly I heard a sound that increased my BP. It was around 12.30 at night. The sound was heard very close. I couldn’t shout and express my fear as I knew very well I m not a child, though I couldn’t hide my fear.

I heard someone jumping into the balcony. The balcony's door was already in a broken stage. We thought of replacing a new door. As my hubby had an urgent work he left it as it is and said to me that the door will be replaced after he comes. So I didn’t bother about that.
But now I got afraid  as one can easily break the door and come inside, so slowly I peeped out of the balcony window. Yes, I’m correct. i saw a man trying to open the balcony door to enter inside.

I saw my child sleeping comfortably in the bedroom. I locked the bedroom door from outside, so that he might not be disturbed. I felt nervous, but I have to do something. I saw something packed with a rope. I tried to pull the rope quickly using my cell phone light without making any sound. An idea clicked to me at that moment.  I tied the rope such that as soon as he opened the door, the rope hit him and make him to fall. I was standing readily with my hands full of chilly powder. Yes, my plan worked out, as soon as he fell down, I switched on the light, he tried to get up, and by the time I poured the chilly powder on to his eyes.
He tried to clean with his hands but he couldn’t. I tied the rope strongly around him and I pushed him from his back. I made sure that he is unable to move. I opened the entrance door and called the watchman. He rushed immediately and some of the neighbors came out when I called him. One of our neighbors called the police. Police arrived and we handed over him. Everyone appreciated my boldness. This incident made me to realize that I have hidden my braveness these many days inside me and built the fear suppressing it.
© Copyright 2012 Anitha muralidharan (anitha_murali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847236-My-hidden-braveness