*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847846-What-gives-you-inspiration
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #1847846
What Inspires you to do what you do? Write? Work?
What gives you inspiration?

Could it be something someone said to you? What has happened to you in the past? Something that happened to you yesterday? Something that you have planned to do tomorrow?

Most of mine is due to part things that have happened to me in the past, and part due to an over active imagination. Both combined play a role in the writings that I come up with.


But here lately, it has hit closer to home. My inspiration has been my perception of my Sister. Let me elaborate a bit at the sake of possibly getting in trouble if she ever reads this. And I know she will, she reads most all that I write.

Growing up, I was not around very much at all, due to circumstances beyond others controll. But the few times that I was around and I interacted with her, I seen her as a timid, shy in some way, but outspoken in other ways child. She had a drive in her life, and a direction, even as a child, but yet on the same note, had no clue where she was headed.

Unlike our other Sister, that just had to prove her point, and had to get the last word in or else, M knew her boundaries. Although she tried, she knew just what she could get away with, and what not to push.

She has been through a lot of changes in her life and through a lot that most would never dream of enduring, and in my eyes the hardest was people that she trusted and loved the most, telling her that she was never going to amount to anything. I know the set back those words do to a person, for I myself went through that very same thing.

She had a dream, she had a nitche, and she didn't let those words follow her very long.

One thing that I did not see my Sister doing in life was writing. She has really proved me wrong there. This is where the inspiration really hit home. Sitting here reading the items that she has wrote, and the way the words just flowed on the paper, that is what really got me thinking, "She is a much better writer than I am" Not that I ever thought of myself as this great author, writer, or great anything. But I knew that I had a way of getting to people on paper, my hang up is I listened to those around me that I trusted, I loved tell me that I was not any good, that I was not going to go far. She didn't, she found a way to get passed that. Now it is my turn.

Even though my Sister is younger than I am, she has taught me a lot, and I really look up to her. And the one thing that she has taught me is that yes indeed, you can get passed what ever life throws at you.

That is true in anyone's life, everyone can learn from my sister and apply what she has learned to your own life. Everyone is special in their own way, everyone has a good side. Everyone is good at something. You just have to find out what, and run with it.

Thank you Sis for teaching me all that you have. I love you so very much, and I feel so privelaged to be your sister and I am so glad that I can still learn from you.
© Copyright 2012 Terry Harper (thowell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847846-What-gives-you-inspiration