*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1848075-The-creation-of-Seionis
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1848075
The creation of the gems, dragons, and the planet of Seionis
Creation of Seionis

The universe, a vast amount of space, almost endless, filled with another seemingly endless amount of wonders and miracles. Out of those wonders and miracles none stand out more than The Earth. The meeting place of all uniqueness and intelligence in the universe. The planet is perfect, it has land and water, mountains and plaines creating different regions, an equator and ice caps creating different biomes, and all these small but important things equal one seemingly impossible thing...life.

This small blue and green planet has done what all planets in the entire universe have come near but were never able to support. It has developed this gift so much, producing many different forms and types of life. Creating kingdoms like reptiles, mammals, fish, and birds. Different families like whales and simians, Lizards and snakes, sharks and fish. And still to this day it produces more and more intelligent and beautiful forms of life, in example, the humans. A form of intelligent life that has found the use of science and religion to be it's guide into the mysteries of the universe. This race has gotten far and created great feats of ingenuity, hard work, and craftsmanship furthering the Earth's uniqueness, building it up into a legend of the universe, a master planet if you will.  Although, even through all these facts, impossibilities, and uniqueness the Earth and all its inhabitants lack one great and very important thing...magic. The small planet with all it's impossibilities and life could not support the entity of magic. This is where the story of Seionis and the gems of power come into play.

During the creation of all that is within this universe, magic itself was released directly from the "big bang". This magic was wild and rampant, uncontrolled. It caused many amazing and, at times, deadly things. From the beautiful stars and ringed planets like Saturn that make space seem more beautiful and occupied, to the deadly vacuum and black holes that make space a barren place. This loose magic travels throughout space time creating and destroying things piecing together the universe, but when magic ran out of room and direction, it all converged on the same place...ground zero of the "big bang" where it originated. The coming together of all this power fuzed itself into a concentrated mass and created a beautiful Opal . This huge sentient vessel of magic, able to live outside of time, helped the formation of the universe as much as it dared, not wanting to interfere with the natural development of the universe too much. At one point it let nature take over completely and, although it was a few years  before anything happened, the formation of the Earth was the first thing to occur. The Opal was fascinated, never before had it seen such beauty and perfection before from something not of magic. It watched the system of planets form itself and watched the planet closely. It watched as the landmasses rose above the seas the mountains and plains form, and after years of development the planet created life. The Opal was dumbfounded, here it had stopped helping the formation of the universe and this magnificent occurrence just appeared and kept getting better.

The Opal decided to watch this beauty run it's course and fell in love with it. It watched the creation of animals and the intelligent humans, it watched it grow and evolve. The humans followed some ideas of religion and some followed the explanation of everything known as science. The Opal watched the Earth for billions of years seeing the evolution and changing life on it. The Opal however fell in love with one age of imagination and thinking in particular...the medieval age, and when it looked like the darkest day the humans prevailed and emerged from it with science and learning beyond anything prior. The Opal decided to see how the humans would respond to something new and although magic was repelled from the small planet the Opal was able to place thoughts and memories of the power that governed a lot of the universe.

They responded quickly, with the creation of stories and art so vast and creative that the Opal was astounded. So many magical creatures, ideas, art, writing, even religions, but one thought stood out that was the same throughout every human mind that was imputed with the idea of magic...Dragons. The idea of a ferocious yet gentle beast of magic, land, and air, or even water. It spread like wildfire across the small planet sparking creativity and imagination anywhere the stories or art were shared. The Opal finally decided to create it's own world, one that was, like the Earth, life filled, lived outside of time, and had the one thing that Earth was missing...magic. It set to work creating a planet about two times bigger than that of the Earth, with a vast sea surrounding two islands. One was a huge land mass bigger than the Asian continent on Earth and filled with forests, lakes, rivers, deserts, mountains, and fields. The second island was a bit smaller in size and was covered in sand creating a beach side desert, that reached up to a huge amount of rock formations creating something similar to the grand canyon. As the Opal was creating this secondary island another sentient vessel of magic found the Opal's new world.

This vessel of magic was created the exact opposite way the Opal was created, it was made by the absence of magic, in fact the absence of even light itself. The Onyx was formed from a giant black hole way out on the edge of the universe the hole had sucked in all the light and magic around itself until there was absolutely nothing left around it, and after a few years of not absorbing anything the hole actually fell in on itself, and instead of disappearing the action created something instead. The Onyx, black as space itself and denser than any star, void of all color and light. It acted like it had before but instead of sucking in light and matter it sucked in all negative magic thus creating a vessel of evil.

The Onyx saw the Opals plans for it's new world and watched it form the planet and life. It watched as the Opal created animals, most spawns of the human's imaginations, like phoenixes, Sea serpents, Griffons, Pegasus, giant wolves, and the magic wielding, magnificent Dragons white as the Opal itself. The Onyx decided it wanted this planet for itself and took over the new weak minds of almost half the dragons and claimed the northern part of the main land mass as it's own, raising huge mountain ranges to divide the continent. The Opal was enraged that this vessel had tried to take what it had worked so hard to create, the Opal left the second smaller island barren to go to war with the Onyx and stop the spread of it's evil power. The Opal was more pure and since it was made of all good magic it was more powerful than the Onyx which couldn't create dragons only change their allegiance by brainwashing them. There was one flaw with the Opal though, that which the Onyx exploited fully after hundreds of years of fighting.

The Opal was made up of many different powers, types of magic, and emotions. The Onyx saw this and decided to hit, what it saw as a weakness, hard, and to do it quickly because it was loosing the fight, it simply could not turn enough creatures evil to keep up with the Opal. The Onyx chose five of it's top dragons and gave them the gift of free will so that the Opal would never suspect them. It also turned their color a pale white, which completed the look and feel of an Opal dragon for those choice five. They then, after the Onyx tricked their free will easily, snuck into the southern part of the island through the mountains and after getting into the ranks got close enough to the Opal to finally do it. The five dragons split the Opal into five individual parts, the red Ruby: gem of fire and aggression, the blue Sapphire: gem of water and calm, the green Emerald: gem of plants and honor, the gold Topaz: gem of earth and nobility, and the silver Diamond: gem of air and compassion. After it was done the Onyx called the five back but with their free will and having the power of one each of the five parts of the Opal, that once was about to beat the Onyx, they thought they would be able to face the Onyx and win. They split the southern part of the island into five parts and spread the word of their great power promising the same magical abilities as the Opal possessed.

The five started becoming masters of their gem's powers and forming small civilizations out of the remaining Opal dragons. As the civilizations grew and the first born of the new generation, named Eleanor, was born they found that newly borns, without the Opal present, had no magic and would be born a dull grey color. The hatchlings would be unhealthy and weak, shunned from the civilizations, and died in droves. Until finally after one of the diamond dragons went to its gem to ask for help it found that when it touched the gem her scales changed colors from the original white to the same silver as the diamond and she gained powers of air and felt the power of compassion wash over her. She then brought one of the newly born to the diamond and when she placed the hatchling on the gem it was instilled with health, magic, and was changed into a full diamond dragon. This was told to the rest of the diamond civilization and eventually reached across the land turning the first generation from death to the first five species of gem dragons.

For thousands of years the planet of Seionis lived in relative peace as the civilizations of dragons grew. The Onyx stayed behind the mountains because, although the Opal was divided for now, if the gems ever worked together the Opal would reform and be more powerful then before. So for thousands of years the Onyx lay dormant planning and waiting for the perfect time. After many years of peace however the civilizations grew to cross borders and eventually needed more space, the different gems went to war with the others trying to become the best and overthrow the other, all but the diamond fought and none ever once gained any more space than they had before. That is until a divided Opal cried out to it's creations, sending a message to two dragons of complete opposite races.

A female Ruby and a male Sapphire received mysterious dreams in the night, before a huge all out battle between their two races, showing nothing but themselves floating in darkness in the middle of space, as they floated in the vast nothing a light started to shine in the huge empty space as they vainly flew to it they saw that it was the Opal, the vessel of all good and their creator, floating as magic emanated from it. Then as the Opal raised the two saw each other and as they stared the Opal shone brightly and blinded them waking them from the dream they were having. The two didn't understand why they saw the Opal or why they saw their arch enemy in the same dream, they decided to ignore it for the time being and focus on the battle ahead.

The two dragon forces clashed, fire and water, aggressive attack and calm planning, two utter opposites collided in a fury of ice, lava, fire, water, thought out plans, and brute force equaling each other exactly in strength and prowess. Then in the heat of battle and the chill of death the two chosen dragons met. Suspyria and Rynes met face to face after landing next to each other as the war raged around them. Time seemed to slow as they stared at each other completely forgetting the wars, the hatred for each others race, everything gone, just him, and her, in one space, untouched in the middle of destruction and hatred. They immediately fell in love, both remembering their dreams and the old stories of the Great Opal. They knew what they should do, reunite the gems into the Opal and cease the reign of hatred and wars, creating peace once again. They ran from the battle together never once getting scathed as they flew away to hide and plan, they planned for two days and two nights, being guided by their dreams of the Opal.

They finally decided to start the quest for the Opal with their own races, they would each go to the gem keepers and try and convince them to give up the gem to be made into the Opal, and if they wouldn't listen then they would try to take the gem by force. They set off in opposite directions hoping for success, they did not get it. After their utter failure they both returned to their civilization and tried to steal the gems, however after both being caught and almost stopped, all they got from it was a half each of the Ruby and the Sapphire. The two did what they could with what they had, they fuzed the two halves into one gem, before they were caught, creating...the Amethyst the gem of pure magic and courage. This new gem shined and pulsated with two times the magic of a normal gem and after the two spread the word of the Amethyst they found that the prospect of reuniting the Opal was not a new idea, and soon many left their races to join the Amethyst and they created a new civilization that grew in power and strength. The Amethyst, already being two parts of two powerful gems, was way more powerful than any other race and could even rival the Onyx if it were to ever show it's black surface. Although the two founders and the followers believed in the reuniting of the Opal, they also believed in the Opal's good side so much they did not force it on the other dragons, they only accepted willing followers to the cause and not those that only wanted the great power the Amethyst provided. The Amethyst race grew and lived in peace, never attacking anyone and never needing to defend itself, the two started to stray from the path the Opal had laid down and as a result they kept receiving fewer and fewer visions until they did not see them anymore. The Amethyst race lives on, secluded, strong, and independent, closer to the mountain range that borders the good and evil lands, than any other race dared near.

All this has happened with in the span of millions of years which equals out to only a few hundred on our planet. The present here is 2010 and is the year that one boy, that has experienced sorrow throughout his life, to meet this world of magic and creatures, and to unite the gems into the Opal.
© Copyright 2012 Elusive-Rare (suspyria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1848075-The-creation-of-Seionis