*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849056-The-Simple-Things-In-Life
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1849056
The joy of being alive in nature.
** Image ID #1783583 Unavailable ** Writing based on description given to about the picture.

Description Of Picture:
The top picture is of a thin forest in the fall on a sunny day. There is one huge trunk of a tree with some type of green
growth that is growing up its side and stands off to the left of a wide path. All the other trees and their trunks are slim
and tall. Their leaves are red, yellow, orange and gold. Leaves are on the ground where green grass is peaking through.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE

I was the king of all creation at my favorite place where I could hang out and get the latest news about my world. The brilliance of Gods' coloring book; with the red, yellow, orange, and gold painted leaves splashed through out the seen before me; and tingling with excitement as if electricity was passing through me, I embraced all the input my seances were taking into my whole being. This serene place with it's canape of tree tops, quiet and calm peacefulness, and abundance of places to explore reminder me of my days where I was born. The memories flooded into my mind like a tsunami hitting the shore of an unsuspecting country.

I reveled in my favorite memories and the early days of my young life briefly because, the vast expanse of my play ground was calling me to check out every nook and cranny before my time of freedom expired.

The smells wafting into my nostrils as I sniffed the earth, the breeze carrying news from everywhere, the warmth of the sun which gently shown upon my back through the breaks in the canopy, and the taste of the air carrying sensations of flavors from afar, caused me to want to roam and check out everything.

My feet on springs, transported me from tree to tree until I found the biggest tree trunk in the area. The bark of this monster held me firmly as I stood erect gazing upward; then investigating closely I smelled an earthy scent which had details about who had been here before me. following the scent up the tree I touched the moss and felt the fuzziness of it. it clung to the tree like a baby clings to its' mother. They embraced each other sharing their delight in being alive: the tree giving the moss a place to grow and the moss keeping the tree moist.

The ground held a carpet of leaves through which grass played pick-a-boo and tickled my feet. In response to my movement, the leaves crinkled and crunched gently under my weight, inviting me to explore further: my favorite places in the woods beckoned me to come and join in the joy of life and share all that nature had to offer. This invitation was irresistible and I just had to follow my nose. Who knows what mysteries I might uncover today.

Checking the wide trail beside the tree, I discovered someone had recently traveled this way. Following their lead I arrived on the other side of the forest; where the other trees stood together waving their limbs in the air to the rhythm of the breeze and stretching as high as possible toward the sun and the sky. I was free, excited to be alive and be able to roam about like an explorer in a new world. Then I heard a familiar rustle of leaves which sparked my curiosity so I swiftly looked in that direction to see what creature was causing the noise. Trotting toward the huge tree trunk again I looked up and couldn't see the top of this giant towering over all other solders keeping watch in this wooded peaceful place I so much enjoyed and cherished with all my heart and soul.

I felt the cushioning springiness of the grass and the gentle touch of the blades caressing my body as I slowly let myself meet the ground. Leaves crunched under my weight and settled beneath me which created a natural mattress, and I felt like royalty in a castle. My mind rested and indulged more memories of different days here during other seasons. Fall, my favorite time of year when the air is crisp, clean, and cool; full of the smell of the earth making preparations for winter; and occasionally creating gusts of wind flowing through trees causing a rustling and scurrying of leaves as they flutter past me; and which I take in like a sponge drinking water. The animals were actively storing their winter supplies as if their lives depended on it, and their store houses must be bursting at the seams with an abundance for winter. My life was full of wonder like Disney land and I felt like a kid in a candy store.

"Freddie!....Freddie,..common!"

My blissful rest was over and my new adventure was about to begin. I had to race like a grey hound toward home; it was time to go to the dog park and spend time with my friends.

Word Count: 747
"Invalid Item
© Copyright 2012 dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG (vpbanjo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849056-The-Simple-Things-In-Life