*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849671-Jacob-Gearframe-Reality-Scholar
by Jack
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1849671
Ch. 1 *EDITED* (thoughts are greatly welcomed)
Ch. 1-

I am in a dream. And this dream is reality.

As I walk across the stones on a small, arch-like bridge, I looked into the stars in the dark blue sky and see the dreams and realities that make up our universe. Imaginations, ideas, fantasies, all rolled in one cohesive thought, creating our world in the center of the universe. I stopped in the middle of the bridge, and glanced over the side into the river underneath bearing gold fish swimming freely through clear, cool water from the Icy Mountains down South. To my right, is the entrance to the City of Memories, and to my left is a small, grassy plain that enters into a dark gloomy forest called The Forest of Misery. Above the river in front my eyes are met with the morning sun, creeping upon the distance above the tall hills and valleys.

The sky begins to brighten above me, along with the stars receding into the blackness of space, being overcome by two suns off in a great distance. And with the new day starting to arise, I make my way toward the city to meet its denizens and to start a new way of life. A new reality. I will make a new reality, and create my dream with new memories. And I will create my future.

* * * * *

"Why is it called the City of Memories?" When I entered the city, I came across a scholar sitting by a wooden bookstand down the main, golden brick street. He was one of the surprisingly few people here. His gold hair parted as he looked up from a book he was peering through his glasses, titled 'The Adventures of Garry Bluemon', looking annoyed. "Sorry if I was bothering you.."

"No it's completely fine.” he sighed. “Where are you from lad?" The scholar asked.

"I'm from Carthus. Otherwise known as, the City of Imagination." I said. With no immediate response in return I ask "So, how does the idea of Memories work in this City?”

The scholar half closes his book to answer. "This city is built upon the memories of many creatures across the universe. You must be wondering how can this city hold the memories of so many?" I nodded. This is the first I been in this city, so naturally this is new to me. "Well this city has multiple dimensions inside it. Multiple worlds are created through memories, and is stored everywhere throughout this city, each in its own form of dimension. You can access all worlds created from memory from here essentially whereas your city, Carthus, is just naturally created into multiple zones where imagination plays a key part in each zone's creation. Memories, if you think about it, are like storage banks. That's how the whole multiple dimension aspect fits this city. Each world is a storage of memory compiled together to form a said world."

"I see.” He returned his gaze to the book, ignoring my presence as if the conversation had completely ended. I didn't want to keep bothering him, but there was really no one else around to ask. “Do you know what the portals look like? I'm trying to find a specific Portal that leads to the Memories of Jumon.”

"You'll know. There are portals around everywhere, and they will be easy to spot. Why? Are you a scholar like me?” he asked.

“Well yes. I'm a reality scholar. I'm going to meet up with someone who is going to help teach me how to spot, and flush out a dream leaked inside it. Can you help me?”

“Didn't they give you an almanac?”

“An... almanac?”

The scholar sighs, and gets up to reach into the bookstand, and pulls out a large book called Almanac of the Natural Universe. “Here. It's more of a map than it is an almanac, but it will come in handy. It's the bible for scholars such as ourselves. I'm surprised you didn't have one.” I took the almanac and looked it over. The book seemed to be made of leather, and on the front pictured a large tree, with deep roots, and in the background are several stars with some planets (some large some small and distant). “The almanac is infinite. You can find virtually everything, as well as how to get anywhere.”

“Well thanks. So I can find the memory I'm looking for from this?”

“When I say it can help you get anywhere, I mean ANYWHERE. Trust me you should have no problem finding.... wherever you need to go.” The scholar sat down and opened up his book again. “Just look up portals in the City of Memories, and you should have no problem finding it. It will tell you where, and when, the portal to that memory open up. As long as you have the almanac, you will never get lost.”

“Well again thank you. It's nice meeting you.....um..”

“The name is Rudolph.”

“Well then take care Rudolph. Have to meet my teacher soon.” Rudolph returned the farewell, and I headed down the golden street past several houses, toward the beginning of my new life.


And that is the end. If this piece has intrigued you, please rate and review. I would very much like to hear any criticisms and thoughts. :) And do you think I should have the main character from Earth, who finds an almanac of a scholar who died, and go from their? Or is this story arc fine?
© Copyright 2012 Jack (jacksaxe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849671-Jacob-Gearframe-Reality-Scholar