*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849698-Golden-Orb-by-Lincoln-Parsons
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1849698
Authangor must save the land from the grips of the dark mage cantos, but is he too late?
Chapter 1

Authangor rode into the night with the wind on his back and his eyes to the skys, for tonight would be the night of legends. The smell of dark magic hung in the air as Authangor approached the fiery night that was Dark canto’s fortress of darkness.

STRIKE, Authangor’s spear became engulfed in the first dark riders heart. Slice, slice as the blade whipped through the air and tore each rider apart. One by one they fell,
until hundreds lie dead before his fierce blade.
Forgetting about the piles of mass destruction he had created he lunged forward grabbing the tower and pushed himself upwards in a flurry of hand movements.
Faster, faster he scaled and climbed high above the lands he called home. His breathing became laboured and the stench of dark magic assaulted his senses and before he knew it he was smashing into the glass of Canto’s master suite.
Glass shattered across the room sending shards to every corner. With the power of the rebellions might centred into the hamasus sword Authangor lunged forward and struck directly into cantos. Sparks flew as bolts of light powered towards the sky. The sun was awaiting the trigger of the basin of light.
Cantos energy released directly back into the ring. Authangor checked his surroundings wearily, and ran back towards the windows. He flung his body into the open air. Now was the time for freedom and the time for light.





Chapter 2

As Authangor leapt from the window he used the last remaining essence of the rebellions might to glide towards the ground. He saw before him the wasteland that Ertan had become, it had been almost 30 years since the day that cantos used the golden orb of power to steal light from the lands.

Canto’s had betrayed Authangors father Urutu, father of Ertan and keeper of the light. One day when Authangor was but a child, canto’s stormed Urutu’s castle with the dark riders. He stole the golden orb and then stole the light from the land of Ertan

For 10 years Ertan was enslaved by the might of Cantoses magic, and the power of the darkness. Then one day the people began to rebel, joining elite forces of mages, battle kings and elders of light Authangor led an army of battle kings and was an advisor for the elders of light.

The power of the light was rightfully his and would have been bestowed upon him by his father urutu if he wasn’t killed in the castles storm and ertans light vanguished. Though now Authangor had taken back his birthright.

With the golden orb of light he could restore light to the land and free all of it’s people from the slavery of the Dark riders.
© Copyright 2012 Authangor (authangor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1849698-Golden-Orb-by-Lincoln-Parsons