*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850232-Letter-to-the-Future-Me
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1850232
Some advice to myself in the future. Not interesting but something new.
Dear future me,

I write this at the age of 16. I've made too many mistakes in my life so far. I've already learned so much. Now's the time where I look over everything I've done and think about what I will do to change myself in the future. I hope you don't make mistakes again. I hope you live better than how I am living right now.
No more mistakes dealing with boys. They aren't worth your time. They aren't around as long as you wish they were. Your heart may tell you that you need to stick around but if they are hurting you? Leave. Get the hell out. You don't need someone that just wants you for your body. You made that mistake once already and you don't need to make the mistake again.
Study, and when I mean study, I mean study hard. You will not get where you want to if you continue to slack off. I don't care how much you want to go out with your friends. You will sit down at your desk and you will study. If you don't? It's your fault if your grades just go down the drain. Don't be an idiot and pay attention to your education.
Family is everything. You may have a pretty bad family but everyone has some type of issue. People have it much worse. Suck it up and love them for who they are. They have flaws and so do you. Embrace them and love the people around you. Stop pushing them away and just be the girl that they all love.
Last but not least, do not give your life away to drugs and alcohol. I've made a couple of those mistakes already. It's not as fun as everyone says it is. It just makes you feel more mellow, depending on what you're doing. Your family and friends are more important. They will not forgive you for these illegal mistakes. So please, do me a favor, and don't make the mistakes.
I hope you read this and remember writing it. I hope you follow it. Keep your head up and follow your dreams.

Love,

         16 Year Old Me

© Copyright 2012 Melissa<3 (melissababyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850232-Letter-to-the-Future-Me