*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850252-The-Lost-Prince-Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1850252
An elf, shrouded in darkness, awakens to a world he does not remember. A work in progress.
         A young elf floats helplessly in an endless dark void. Unable to see, he is unaware of anything, save for the presence of a never-ending darkness. In the depths of this dark void, another presence appeared to the elf and spoke to him in his mind.
         Kyrion.
         Who's Kyrion?
         Why, you are he of course. Now why don't you wake up?
         Kyrion . . . I suppose I could live with that name. But I don't think I can wake up, I'm not even sleeping.
         Actually, you are asleep, and you need to wake up right now.
         Even if I was asleep, which doesn't seem likely, I wouldn't want to wake up. I like it here, the darkness is lonely just as I am. If I left then wouldn't that make me a terrible being.
         You are an elf Kyrion. You deserve to be with others of your kind. If you would stop being so stubborn then maybe you would see that you do not belong in this place.
         If I deserve to be with others of my kind then why am I here in the first place? By the way, who are you?
         I am Medren. I am the elven goddess of balance, that is, keeping the balance of nature. You were never meant to be here at all, it was an accident that needs to be corrected. Kyrion . . . you need to wake up.
         I don't want to wake up, darkness suits me, and light terrifies me. Why do you suppose that is Medren?
         I would not know. It might have something to do with your past. I have only been watching you for a short amount of time.
         My past. I-i can't . . . can't remember anything. Medren? Is there something wrong with me? Is it normal not to remember anything?
         That Kyrion, is the effects of being in this place. You have been here for six cycles, the longer you remain in this place the less you remember. It is a curse placed on this realm of existence. That is why you need to . . . Kyrion? You must wake up Kyrion.
         Why though, why is it so important that I wake up? I just don't understand.
         You are needed Kyrion. You need to wake up in order to help those that are in need of it, and right now, everyone is in need of your help. If you wish to remain with darkness forever you can take it with you into the realm of light. It can help protect you while you are there, and neither you nor it will ever be alone again. I can promise you that you will meet others who share a part in your future, and darkness has many sympathizers in the realm of light.
         Well . . . if you insist Medren. I am able to trust you, right? This isn't some sort of trick is it? If you are sure, then I would be willing to go to this so-called realm of light.
         Yes Kyrion, you can trust me, I only wish to help you so that you may help others, I have no other motives. Kyrion, in this other realm there are some who would wish to do you harm. Allow yourself to harness the darkness in order to protect yourself. However, note that the darkness may tempt you to harm others unnecessarily, you must stay strong. There will be those who wish to help you, be cautious, some will only pretend to befriend you so that they can further their own goals, but this does not mean that everyone you come across will attempt to deceive you. Learn who you truly are Kyrion, learn your true power, learn to trust those who have the full intention of helping you.
         Very well Medren. I will take that into consideration. So . . . I have one more question. How exactly do I wake up?
         Kyrion, you have a lot to learn about the world around you, but first you must open your eyes. Farewell Kyrion, we will meet again one day.
         When Kyrion felt Medren's presence fade away he tried to focus on going to the realm of light. At first he thought it was hopeless, but then a feeling overwhelmed him. This feeling drew him in and did not release him until he surrounded himself in darkness once again. Suddenly, something pierced through the darkness and Kyrion's eyes flitted open, showing him a bright world unlike anything he could remember. As his sight came into focus he shifted his gaze around until he saw a young female elf kneeling on the ground next to him, her hands clasped in front of her and lips whispering in silent prayer. Her long, golden locks shimmered in the sunlit room. Kyrion felt his heart tighten, as though in a dream where he was suffocating.
         He wondered if he had ever met her before. I suppose it's possible, I don't really remember anything so I guess it could have happened. It doesn't really matter I suppose, whether I have met this elf before or not I have no recollection of it.
         As Kyrion reached out with a heavy hand a deep, course voice spoke, "Ah, so he is finally awake. Well mysterious elf, I don't know whether to congratulate you on making it here on your own, or reprimand you for being so reckless mmm. You certainly gave us quite the scare, mmyes you did. I wouldn't attempt to move just yet, you were pretty beaten up when we found you, mmmyou certainly were. In fact, you're lucky you're still alive."
         Kyrion tried to speak, "Wh-where am I? Wh-wh-what is th-this place? W-wh-who are y-you? I-ii-i--"
         "Don't try to talk so much, just rest for now, there will be time for questions later mmm believe it," the voice replied, "By the way, my name is Krath, and welcome to DRAGON BLITZ Academy"
© Copyright 2012 K. Hartwell (spirit-wolf33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850252-The-Lost-Prince-Chapter-One