*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850958-Brother-My-Brother
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1850958
I worte this to describe what has been happening to me and an old, but good friend.
Brother my brother, you speak with such a harsh tongue.
Has the chill of the world we always knew finally struck your heart and spread to your voice? You speak with hatred, and yours words make me shiver.

Brother my brother, you act with such dark movements.
Has the evil of other’s intentions been shown through your own body? Your actions represent such malevolent thoughts, and I fall farther into the darkness.

Brother my brother, you treat me as though I am an old toy to be cast aside. Am I just an object that you could interact with but never truly care for? You treat me as useless, and I feel ever more dead.

Brother my brother, you show despise towards me alone. Have I committed an action which you saw as a form of betrayal? Your expressions exhibit scorn, and I feel ever more ashamed.

Brother my brother, you seem to want me to disappear. Is what you have said to me a form of goodbye or your way of saying I’m sorry for what you know is beyond repair? You slowly are slipping away, and I know I am fading away.

I just wish to say, oh brother my brother, I wish you would explain why what’s happening is happening. I know time holds no mercy for anyone, yet I feel as though time only wishes to help rather than harm. I know I’m not the friend anyone desires, nor am I as helpful as I wish to be, but I wish you would let me know why this fissure has formed. If it was what I have done, please accept my most sincere apology. I knew that we would start drifting apart, for I have seen it before, but I was a fool to hope for anything else. Perhaps time has some way of reuniting us as I have seen or perhaps all I have seen is a form of easing this sorrow.

Sir, good sir, I believe that our time has come and with all these pleasant memories comes the only bad one that shall send us our separate directions. Is this how it must be or is this how our friendship is proven to be strong, as a test? I hope we will once again unite under the golden sun as brothers, for we withstood any hardship together and smiled when we met our goal.

I’ve told you before we would part, and you didn’t believe me. That’s alright though. Anybody else I would’ve told certainly would’ve called me insane because it’s hard to believe I know that, but I do. So through good times and bad, we stuck together and now is what may be called the end of our story as brothers, it is honestly just the intermission, because like the song says, “We will meet again.” So now I say through pain-caused tears and a heart-broken smile, “Farewell and I wish you only the best.” I will miss you because we were as close as can be. We were as close as the sun and sky, fish and the ocean, blood and flesh, as close as brothers, my brother.



[Note- the song I was thinking of is “We Will Meet Again” by John Siegler]
© Copyright 2012 lone wolf (xtlerx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1850958-Brother-My-Brother