*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851052-Four-years
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Experience · #1851052
A speech about my football years, the first of two I wrote.
Four years, four long years, my freshman year seems like only yesterday. I walked out here and had no idea what the cheerleaders meant when they said freshman what’s your number, and now I’m standing up here looking back talking to you all. A chapter in all our lives will soon come to a close, all of us have walked the roads of our childhood and taken every bump and bruise it could give us to stand before you today, at the crossroads of boyhood and manhood.Ready to take the next step in our lives, some will take this next step with much fear, apprehension and sadness, true. But I look around and see men of character, determination and loyalty. Some of them leaders some of them followers, but all of whom I’m happy to stand amongst. The four years I’ve spent within these walls behind me have been some of my best and some of the worst years of my life. I’ve made good choices and a whole lot of bad ones; everyone here has grown and changed over these last four years. Part of me will forever be at home in these four walls, and in my heart I’ll always be a Trojan. All my friends up here feel the same. All of us are ready to take the next step in our lives and I could not be happier that it is with my friends, my peers, my brothers, who will soon take this first step into true adulthood with me side by side. Even though we all may take our separate paths, we will always have these memories to bind us together. To look back on and remember that we were all once brothers, all once students, all once friends, and that we will always and forever be Trojans.
© Copyright 2012 fatcarl (fatcarl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851052-Four-years