*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851095-Changed
by Dannie
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Mystery · #1851095
She's depressed, needs help. will ronnie be able to change her?


"Help! Someone come quickly" Squealed Emma from where I was laying in the kitchen.



I could only just make out what she shouted. Everything was a blur, the ringing in my ears was getting louder and the darkness was fading in faster. I could smell the metallic of my blood; it was probably staining the white tiles by now. I must of fell to the freezing, hard stained floor as the cold stung the bare of my back just under my vest top.



"What the hell happened?" Shirked Leanne



"I don't know I just came in and she was lying like this" As Emma said this her voice broke and tears ran down her face.



"Well don't just stand there, ring the ambulance!!" Demanded Leanne.



Emma rushed off to go ring the ambulance. Still I could hardly see your hear anything. My mum was above me shaking me but I couldn't respond. All I could do was lay there. I was soon going to pass out. I could only just make out my mums shape all it was a fading blur. The voices were now silent and the darkness was drawing in. My leg had become numb, well for a matter of fact I couldn't feel anything. I knew the ambulance would be here soon. But I was scared it would be too late. Oh I wasn't scared that could die, I was scared for my mum and sister, I don't know how they would cope.



I woke up to see a blue and white striped curtain around me, the floor looked wood but soft, the bed I was laid in wasn't that comfy. I heard people talking behind the curtain I wasn't sure who they were though...



"How is she?" ...That voice I recognised.



"Her stats are looking up. You should be able to go see her now"



"Thanks nurse Sarah" Ah nurse! I'm in hospital.



Slowly the curtain opened and I was face to face with my mum. I wasn't sure what to say, what to do to be honest I wasn't sure whether to smile or not. My mum looked happy to see me but I knew there was something she wanted to ask so badly. Everyone will be asking the same question and I will be giving the same answer.



"How you feeling Hun?"



"I'm fine mum thanks. How are you feeling?"



"I'm fine just been worried sick about you."



"I know mum. I'm sorry."



"What you sorry for?"



"Doesn't matter"



"Yeah it does tell me. I'm your mother you can tell me."



"I did it to myself OKAY!! Don't ask why. Don't ask anything else okay."



"But-"



"Don't. I said no more questions."



"Okay."



Me and my mum chatted for a bit after that. I had been in here for a month now and would probably be out next week if things go okay. The nurse said I had hit a main artery and that I’m lucky to be alive. I hope I am lucky to be alive.



I'm looking forward to getting out of here. The food is terrible, the other kids are complaining all the time, the nurses are always gossiping and if you try to talk to them they just ignore you. The place smells like it hasn't been cleaned in a while and I haven't seen any cleaners either. This hospital must be the worst rated.



I had been in hospital for about 2 months. I'm finally leaving.



It’s my first day back at school after about 2 and half months. My mum hasn't stopped asking me if I’m alright since I came home. Now it’s time for me to suck it up and go back to school. I have been putting this day of for ages. School is the main reason why I did what I did. I'm not popular but sometimes I wish I was just so they wouldn't say out. My best friend Naomi knows how hard it is for me at school. All the nasty and unfair comments of the popular people. I'm sure they love making my life hell.



*Ding Dong* I ran towards the door. I opened it and flung myself at Naomi. It’s been so long since I have seen her. We are going to have a mega check up on the way to school. She was looking like she normally did. Perfect. Her long blond hair shaped her face perfectly, her size 6 skinny jeans and her pink and white tank top made her look like a goddess. I wish I looked like instead of my size 10 skinny jeans. My Brown hair was straight as it normally was, it didn't look shinny just looked plain old dull.



"So how’s school been without me?"



"Boring. People have been saying stuff about you."



"Oh, what they been saying? The normal stuff?"



"No not really. Liz spreaded round that you decided to commit suicide because you couldn't deal with it anymore. People changed the story though and said that you did it because you were scared of telling people you're a lesbian." Naomi laughed at the last bit.


"Oh. Okay."


"You okay Ruby?"


"Yeah I'm fine don’t worry about it."

We were walking up the school drive now. Nothing seems to have changed. The trees next to the road were still there, the road still had holes in. The car exhaust's spat out the fumes as they went past making me and Naomi cough. We were nearly at school and I wasn't looking forward to the comments. I wondered what everyone would be like when they saw me walk in with Naomi.


As we walked in our form room I could hear people whispering about me, things like "What’s she doing here?" "Isn't she meant to be dead?" some people were even sad enough to throw stuff at me. How childish. Naomi lost her cool when something hit her by accident she screamed how childish they were and can’t they just get over themselves. She does make me laugh sometimes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


We had maths first, my most hated lesson. All the popular people were in our class and unfortunately I had to sit next to the most snobby girl in our year. She's called Liz; she has really bleached blond hair (it literally looks like she poured a bottle of bleach over her head). She thinks she rules the school, she is always telling me and Naomi how we should be acting and spreading things about us and calling us names ALL the time! No one could be more mean then her.



Me and Naomi walked in our maths room. The bright blue walls stood out to me once more, the body odour of mr.hinde stung the inside of our noses. I took my usual seat next to the door and waited for Liz to start the torment.



"Hey Ruby." Liz stated.



"Hey..." I wonder where this is going this time.



"What you doing at lunch?"



"Hanging with Naomi. Why?"



"Oh just wondered if you two wanted to hang around with me today?" Liz replied confident



"Err don’t know if we can, we have a lot to catch up on." What is she getting at? She isn’t normally like this?



"I see. Okay no worries"



I just nodded at that. Something was up with her; she must be planning some bit torture season. She is never this nice. She normally comments on my hair saying how tatty it looks, or how I should wear make-up to cover all my flaws. She thinks she is all perfect. Every guy is throwing themselves at her feet, where ever you walk there will always be a guy trying to get her attention.



I really needed to talk to Naomi now and it was only half way through the lesson. God maths drags so much. Didn't help that the people sat in front of us kept turning round and asking stupid questions like "What happened to you?" "Did you fail at suicide?" "Was it painful" really started to annoy me and what totally blew my mind was when Liz turned round and told them to shut up otherwise they would have the football team to deal with. She actually stuck up for me? Something was defiantly up with her. Maybe she felt sorry for me?



After a very long maths lesson it was finally break time. Me and Naomi walked out the disgusting maths room into the fresh air. The younger children were running round screaming there friends names, playing tag and other games. *sigh* I remember being that age. Didn't have so much to deal with.



"What was Liz saying to you in maths?" Questioned a very concerned Naomi. She was always concerned about me. I don't really blame her.



"Nothing really. She was actually being nice. She asked me what we are doing at lunch; she invited us to hang out with her."



"WHAT!! She invited US to hang with HER?!?!?"



"Yeah, she even stuck up for me when the boys in front of us were saying things."



"Wow. Something is up with her. I don’t trust her one bit"



"Neither do I, Don’t worry."



I and Naomi had a really long talk after that. Both of us didn't understand what had gotten in to her. We started to make up stories like she had been up ducted by aliens and they changed her brain so she would be nice. We had a good giggle at break. It was soon time for our next lesson, English. I didn't mind English that much at least I got to sit next to my wonderful Naomi.



As we walked into our English room, late as always, the heads turned round and the whispers started once again. I sighed and slid into my chair in the corner of the dark green room. It was the most hideous colour ever. Miss Hood is a nice teacher though and doesn't have a horrible stink like mr.hinde.



The comments started just minutes after I sat down. People were shouting "What are you doing here?" "You should be dead!!" "Emo!" "Depress-head!" It made me laugh at how childish these people were. Miss Hood kept shouting telling them to be quite but that didn't help. After one really nasty comment I flipped.



"Who the hell do you think you are to say that? You’re not the boss of me! I have had enough of all this crap off all of you every single day since I started here! Why can’t you just leave me alone and got on with your own live! You lot are the reason I did it in the first place!!" With them words I ran out of the door crying.



"I hope your happy now!!" Naomi screamed and chased after me.



She found me sitting under the old willow tree with a pair of scissors in my hand. She knew exactly what I was doing with them. She told me I should stop but I just can’t. The pain of school is too much this is my only way to let go of all the pain.



"Hey." Naomi whispered.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Hey."



"You alright?"



"What do you think? Why are they all pr***k's?"



"They have nothing better to do."



"Well they should find something better. I can’t take it much longer, it will be there fault."



“I know they should. Anyways how many times have I told you not to do that?”



“Do what?” I answered sneakily while hiding the scissors behind my back.



“You know what I’m on about.” Naomi sniggered



“I can’t stop. You know that.”



I and Naomi talked under the old willow tree for about an hour. The birds were singing, the sun was shining, and you could hear people laughing in the classrooms. The smell of the delightful poppies filled our noses, everything looked perfect. The freshly cut grass was soft underneath us.



We talked until Mr.Himer came to escort us back into school. A place I really didn’t want to be! There all just going to start again, I really don’t know how much more I can take before I actually do give up. My mum told me that if I try to do anything like that again she is sending me to the nearest mental institute. I’d rather be there then at this sh** place.



It was finally the end of school. I and Naomi where walking out of school when Ronnie, a tall boy with long-is black hair, ran up to us. He wasn’t popular but he sure looked like he should be. I didn’t know what he wanted he hardly ever spoke to me; He just normally looked at me and smiled.



“Hey Ruby, Hey Naomi. Can I just borrow Ruby of you a minute?” Ronnie questioned.



I and Naomi gave each other a questioning look, I shrugged and Naomi nodded her head. Ronnie pulled me aside.



“Hey I just wondered if you wanted to hang out sometime.”



“Err is this a joke?” I wasn’t sure what to say.



“No. I wouldn’t do that to you!” He said with a cheesy grin.



“Err sure I would love to.”



“Cool. Here’s my number give me a call?” He said sounding delighted.



“Thanks, here is mine.”



“Bye speak to you later.”



“Bye.” My cheeks flushed bright red.



I ran back over to Naomi. We talked about what he said and we were both shocked that he had asked me to hang out with him sometime. I got to admit he is good looking and I did like him a while ago but I figured why would he want to go out with someone like me?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It's finally Friday; this school week has dragged so badly. People have stopped calling me names and chucking stuff at me but I know it won’t last long. This school week wasn't as terrible, but it could have been a hell of a lot better.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I'm going out with Ronnie tonight. He's planned that we go watch a movie and then we are off to this fancy dinner down town. I really can't wait, no boy has ever asked me out but I really don't blame them.



I couldn't decide what to wear. My whole closet was on the floor, it was like my closet exploded. I had tried on about 5 different outfits. The first one was a tight black mini skirt with a bow at the top the top was a black long sleeved jumper with a skull and cross bones on the front. I didn’t like the first one or any of the ones after that.



I slumped down on my bed and put my head in my hands. I was having no luck picking out some clothes. Just then as I looked out I noticed my favourite jeans and top right at the back of my closet. Right then I knew exactly what I was going to wear.



I was finally ready; I had done my hair and make-up. My hair was nicely curled around my face, it brought out my eyes, my make-up wasn’t much but it made me look a hell of a lot prettier and older. My jeans had stars on at the top and tightly fitted my legs; my top was a pink low cut t-shirt with flowers on the top. I’m not found of the colour pink but this top means a lot to me.



Suddenly I heard a knock on my bed room door. My dad peered his head though.



"There’s a boy at the door. He says he’s your date?" my dad asked curiously.



"Oh that must be Ronnie; yeah he's taking me out tonight."



"Okay. We’ll have fun"



I ran down the stairs and towards the door. I stopped at the door to see Ronnie’s black mustang Shelby gt500 1967parked in my drive. I gapped at the car. I had never seen such a car, normally I’m not a big fan of cars but this car was something. It must have cost him a lot.



"You ready?" Ronnie said snapping his fingers in front of my face.



"Err yeah sorry, nice car." I said being snapped out of my thoughts.



"Yeah it cost my mum and dad£4,195. It was a birthday present." he gave a smile.



"Cool."



Ronnie held my hand and leaded me round to the passenger’s side. He opened the door for me to get in. I climbed in still amazed by the car. Once again I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the driver’s side door shut. Right as I was going to turn around Ronnie went and gave me a kiss on the cheek. My face flamed red; I turned my head towards the window to hide it. Ronnie let out a slight giggle.



Ronnie started the engine and then turned to face me.



"So what movie do you want to go and see?" He questioned.



"I'm not really bothered you pick." I stated.



"Err is transformers okay? I’ve wanted to see it for a while?"



"Yeah that’s fine, I wanted to see that actually." I smiled.



The drive to the cinema was quite. Both of us didn’t know what to say so we just stayed quite. I watched as the houses flew past. It was a calm night, it wasn't cold but it wasn't hot either it was just right.



We left the cinema just as the night was drawing in. There were stars in the clear sky and the moon had a grey glow around it. It had gotten a little chilly now.



"Are you cold?" Ronnie questioned.



"Just a little, why?" I Answered.



Right then Ronnie pulled me into a hug to keep me warm. I felt so safe and happy in his arms. He was quite muscular. I have never felt this way before; I think I’m falling in love.



When Ronnie let me out of his grasp he took my hand and we walked off to his car. It felt so right and natural holding his hand. It felt almost... Perfect.



Once again he walked me round to the passenger’s side and opened the door for me. He is such a gentleman. Just as I sat down and went to close the door he grabbed my hand and kissed it. My cheeks went bright red again. All he did was smile.



He started to drive to the restraint that we were eating at. We pulled up outside and it looked really expensive.



"Ronnie we can’t eat here? It looks too expensive." I questioned.



"Its fine hun, I’m paying." He stated.



We walked up to the glass doors with gold handles. As we walked in the gold painted ceiling, a red carpet floor took me by surprise. It looked like it was built for royalty. The tables had a single red rose in the middle and two candles on either side. It was really romantic.



We sat down at a table and ordered our food. We spent about 10 minutes just talking about anything. I was actually having a lot of fun. When our food came we were quite for the first time tonight. After we finished we continued to talk what Ronnie said after took me by surprise.



"Will you be my girlfriend?" Ronnie said looking a little embarrassed.



My thoughts suddenly speed up in my head. What should I say I mean I really like him now and he is just so sweet and perfect? But we have only just started talking properly.



"Yes, course I will." I said happily.



We left the restaurant and walked towards his car. I was so happy I’m so glad I said yes. It was starting to get late so Ronnie was going to drive me home.



I watched as the houses flew past. The darkness was surrounding us the only thing that was lighting our way was the street lights and the full moon. Honestly this night couldn’t have been more perfect. For once I was properly happy. I smiled the whole way home.



We pulled up to my house, by the looks of it everyone was either out or in bed. Ronnie got out of the car and ran round to the passengers and opened it while taking my hand. He led me up to my front door. I just stood there and looked into his lovely blue eyes.



He let go of my hand and put it on my cheek, he drew circles with his thumb. Right then he put his other hand on my back and pulled me closer and kissed me. At first I was so shocked I didn't move but after a second I responded and put my hands around his neck and kissed him back. This night had turned out perfect.



"I’ll see you tomorrow babe. I’ll pick you up for school at around 8 okay?" Ronnie asked.



"Sure I’ll see you then. Bye." I stated.



"Love you." Ronnie said hopeful.



"Love you two Ronnie". I happily said back.



Ronnie smiled and then turned and walked to his car. I let out a sigh and leaned against my door. For about 5 minutes I was just stood there enjoying the peace. When I finally turned and opened my door all I could think about was going to bed, I was suddenly really tired.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*BUZZZ, BUZZZZ*



I rolled over to turn off my alarm when I realized what time it was. 7:15am, shoot I don’t have long to get ready Ronnie is going to be here in 45 minutes.



I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, getting undressed and jumping in the shower as quick as I could. The hot water poured down on me, relaxing me in an instant, I had the quickest shower possibly. When I jumped out I was shocked to realize I had forgotten my towel. I slapped my fore head and peaked my head around the door, coast was clear; I made a quick dash for my room.



I decided to wear my sexiest skinny jeans; a low cut t-shirt with a red rose on the front. I wore my favourite black boots that matched my outfit perfectly. I was sure Ronnie would like my outfit. I turned around to look at myself in the mirror when the alarm clock caught my eye, 7:45! Oh my god I don’t even have time for my normal breakfast, which was bacon, eggs and French toast. I ran down stairs nearly sending my dad flying.



“Hey, what’s the rush?” my dad questioned.



“Ronnie is going to be here any minute.” I rushed out.



“Ok, there is some toast on the side for and your bag is near the doorway.” Dad said and smiled.



“Thanks dad.” I peeked him on the cheek and ran to the kitchen.



I picked up my toast and ate it as fast as I possibly could without choking. I jumped out of my skin when I heard Ronnie’s car horn outside. I ran out the door nearly forgetting to pick up my ‘no fear’ bag from by the door.



I opened the passenger’s side door and climbed in letting out a sigh while sliding my bag next to my feet.



“You look beautiful.” Ronnie stated with a huge smile on his face.



“Thank you.” I said turning away to hide my blush. I could sense that Ronnie was still staring at me.



I playfully hit his arm. “Don’t you think we should be getting to school?” I questioned laughing.



“Uh oh yeah sorry.” He said looking like he had just been caught doing something bad.



Ronnie started the car, we could hear the engine purring, he pulled out of my drive way and started cursing towards school. It was a ten minute drive to school from my house, there was no rush really but I didn’t like to get caught up in all the people shouting things at me.



I watched the house’s blur past as Ronnie sped up. I felt Ronnie’s hand on my leg, his thumb was going to circles, and it was quite relaxing I could have fallen asleep.



We suddenly came to a stop and when I flung my head up I realized we were at school already! I wonder if today will be as bad as the other days or will Ronnie make it better for me. Ronnie got out of the driver’s door and walked round to let me out. As I stepped out he reached for my bag and held my hand. I could see everybody staring at us; opened mouthed and whispering things to each other. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but I knew it would be things like “what is SHE doing with HIM” or “what the hell” or “has he lost his mind”.



We walked up the front school steps hand in hand everybody was still staring at us; it was making me feel really uncomfortable.



“It’s okay. Today is going to be fine. Don’t let them get to you.” Ronnie reassured me.



“Thanks I’ll try.” I stated nervously.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Its lunch time now. This morning has been total hell. Everyone kept saying things to me and getting on my nerves I could seriously knock them out; shame Ronnie held me back.



“Oi freak what you doing with him!” I knew that voice anywhere, I span around letting go of Ronnie’s hand to see a bubbly Naomi running towards me.



“Hey Naomi haven’t you heard? Everyone is talking about it.” I let out a frustrated sigh. “I and Ronnie go out now.” I expected her to freak out and go mental on me for not telling her sooner but what she did shocked me.



She pulled us into a group hug and screamed “I’m so happy for the both of you. Oh My God! I knew you would fine somebody. Oh maybe now you have found somebody you might stop-“she let go of us and clamped her hand over her mouth with wide eyes. “Err sorry I got to go I’ll speak to you later ruby.” She gave me a hug and whispered sorry in my ear.



I and Ronnie sat underneath the willow tree in silence for about 5 minutes before Ronnie decided to break the silence.



“What was Naomi on about? What might you stop doing? Can you-“I cut him off by kissing him. I let out a sigh.



“Look if I tell you promise me you won’t change how you look at me.” I questioned.



“I promise babe.”



I let sighed again and pulled my selves up. I waited for him to get mad and shout at me and tell me he didn’t want to be with me or ever see my face again. But he didn’t, he pulled me into a tight hug and stroked my hair with his free hand.



“It’s going to be okay ruby. Just promise me one thing don’t do it anymore. For me, I don’t want to see you hurt I know it will be hard for you but I’m here to help please don’t do it anymore for me?” Ronnie said worriedly.



“I promise. You still love me don’t you?”



“Course I do.” Then he kissed me.



We sat there for the rest of the afternoon just talking about it: how it started, who made me feel this way. Ronnie kept saying how mad he was at the whole school for picking on me and he said he wouldn’t let anybody hurt me again; which I believed because this stuck up cow came up to us and said something and Ronnie told her to mind her business and get lost before he hurts her. He would never hit a girl but it made her go away at least.

I have never been so happy in my life Ronnie has made me so happy and I actually feel safe now. I don’t feel upset all the time and shockingly I don’t even want to hurt myself. Ronnie has made my whole life better and I hope it stays this way. I’m sure it will.
© Copyright 2012 Dannie (dannienimz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851095-Changed