*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851858-Heightening
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1851858
Sari heightens her psychic ability.
She was not used to allowing her mind to operate so freely. For the most part she kept a constant wall up dividing her normal skills from those that could be considered flagrant or over reaching. At least that was what The Church of Light would have her believe.

Now, with night drawing closer, she stood outside her mistresses chambers knowing that she would never have a better time or reason for using her powers than she did now. With determination growing she opened the door and stepped into the dimly lit room. The moment her eyes found Lady Hanna she was overcome by a rush of knowledge as seemingly unimportant information flew together like pieces of a puzzle.

Lady Hanna stood perfectly still but her left shoulder slumped slightly as if trying to ward off danger, her right hand rubbed the engraving on her gold bracelet and her mouth twitched slightly when Sari walked towards her. She saw with amazement that Lady Hanna’s eyes looked guilty, nervous and a bit excited whereas before they had always appeared like lifeless gray voids. She knew without a doubt that Lady Hanna was having second thoughts, but that she was more nervous of being caught and of her reputation being destroyed than out of any sympathy for her victims. In that moment Sari felt an overwhelming sense of excitement and power and she was sure the God of Light must be frowning down on her.

Suddenly everything changed, and Lady Hanna smiled. “I suppose I should have known that you would be a gifted child, but you hid it so well.”

Sari had no idea how Lady Hanna had discerned she was heightening her psychic ability, and she was not sure she would be around much longer to figure it out.
© Copyright 2012 Charity (hislove3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1851858-Heightening