*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853163-Someone-Else-Died
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Death · #1853163
almost every day since the day Witney Huston died, someone else has died, this time close.
About 1999, it was graduation night at the high school which was across the street from our house. we didn't know anyone who was graduating, but on that night each year the traffic was a nightmare. There was parking up and down our street and sometimes for a few hours we couldn't even get out of our driveway.

This particular evening our two sons were across the street at the school talking with some friends, when we called them home. "Come home James and Eric" we called, "we're going for pizza". we piled the four of our teens into our van and just then there was a crash right in front of the high school. If we hadn't called for our son's, they would have been hit. they had been standing, talking with the kids who were just hit. A boy named Richard was hurt so badly we didn't know if he would make it, and his girlfriend, Alissa, was killed. the neighborhood was so upset, the graduation had a sad, dark cloud over the rest of the evening.

Richard went on with his life, he is now 33 years old and a father of two children. last week as a car he was the passenger in was struck in the intersection in the desert of California. he was killed imeadetly.

We don't know why things happen. we were all so happy when he pulled through so many years ago, just to be killed by a car now, we all ask why. Of course we don't know why a man in his prime has to die, but there is only one reason I can think of, he survived to have those two kids. Im sure he did other things as well, but to be a father, is a major thing in my oppinion.

His family is so upset, his mother is beside herself, as are we his friends. wherever you are now Richard, please rest in peace.
© Copyright 2012 germangirl (cat1116 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853163-Someone-Else-Died