*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853207-The-Color-Drained
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1853207
Relax and unwind, with pizza, & a movie - a flash fiction tale
The color drained from my face - It was definitely happening.

I’d been watching TV: an old movie called Zulu, with Michael Cain. Work had been tough and I wanted to unwind, so I thought I’d get a pizza, crack open a beer and sit back with Michael and the lads, watching them defend Rorke's Drift.

The plan was going well and my tension was rising as the battle heated up and thoughts of work just vanished from my mind.

And then the geezer with the spear stopped what he was doing, and asked me for a slice of pizza. Well he didn’t exactly ask, he just said:” Did you get anchovies with that?”

I stared at the TV, not knowing what to say. And then the bloke said: “Are you gonna share, or what?”

Realizing that I’d just spilt my beer, I jumped up forgetting all about the guy on TV. Cursing my luck I went to get a cloth from the kitchen, and when I returned I found the guy climbing out of the TV, spear in hand.

Swearing loudly I collapsed on the floor with a heart attack. But it wasn’t over…

Next thing I knew the guy with the spear and George Clooney were giving me CPR, and the TV had changed to an episode of ER.

“Lucky Dr Ross was on the other side.” Said the man with the spear. “He says you’ll be fine now, but he asked if he could have a slice of pizza as well?”

Conceding the point, I told the TV guys to help themselves and felt a welcome sense of ease. I realized that there’s no point worrying, because you never know what might happen next.

THE END


289 words
© Copyright 2012 soulriff (jerrymauss at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853207-The-Color-Drained