*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853713-What-Should-I-do-God
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1853713
This story is about Restea from the planet Fertosis and her adventures into space.
Her father and her brother was the last things she had that she loved. Her mother had died before from ‘them.’ She had loved her mother more than anything in the whole world. Although it was a few years ago, she couldn’t forget the pain. The pain had been more than she could have imagined. The farm that they used to live on was destroyed by ‘them’ as well. ‘They’ had no respect for them and the residents at all. ‘They’ had taken away her beloved mother.
There was harsh knocking at the door. Everyone’s head turned to that direction with fear easily spelled into their eyes. Her father went to answer but her and her brother grabbed him by his weathered arms. He stared at his children’s frightened eyes with gentleness. He patted them on the head and it gave them the odd sense of comfort.
“Borret, whatever happens to me, I need you to watch over Restea,” He said. Borret’s eyes filled with tears. He understood more than Restea did. There was a three year gap between them, but Restea knew that ‘they’ were no good and ‘they’ were going to take her father away from them, too. Just like their mother.
“But, dad! I can’t do this alone! I need you!” Borret rubbed his watered eyes with his sleeve, “I’m only ten... and Restea’s only seven... we can’t raise ourselves!” Their father gave them a gentle smile.
“I’ll help you from heaven,” Their father reassured them. Restea’s family studied their religion in secret because ‘they’ tried to assimilate them into ‘their’ culture. Restea’s father didn’t approve of this and they stuck to their own religion. It involved one God and heaven with angels. Also, it granted them the power they called ‘Emerald Creation.’ It was magic that summoned whatever element that came into their heads. Sometimes, symbols would pop into their minds and when they drew it, random things happened. It was usually good things, but sometimes it turned out to be failures.
“But when you’re in heaven, we won’t see you...” Restea said, tears brewing in her brown eyes. With her over-sized sleeve, she wiped them away. Even though her father was leaving her —possibly forever—she didn’t want to let her father see her tears. Although she tried to hide them, her father saw them but smiled at his daughter sorrowfully.
“It doesn’t matter if you see me,” Her father said, “I’ll be right here,” With his index finger, he pointed to Borret’s and Restea’s left side of their chest, the heart. They looked from his point back to their father’s eyes. Restea and Borret fell into their father’s arms in a giant embrace.
Another annoyed knocked came upon their door followed by shouting, “Hurry up, you freaks! We know you’re in there! Now come out!”
Knowing by ‘their’ message, Restea’s father knew it was going to be the last time he would see his beloved children ever again. Once again, he pulled them in a strong hug, “Good-bye, my good children,” With that, he let go of them and with a tear still left in his eye, went outside the house.
Immediately, Borret and Restea ran up to the door, only to find it locked. Borret kicked and called his father’s name as loud as he could. Restea tried to use her Emerald Creation to open the door, but her father had put an Emerald seal on the door. It was useless to try to use Emerald Creation on the door. Restea fell to her knees and pulled on her brother’s sleeve. He stopped to look into her eyes, but then saw the hopelessness in them and it got him discouraged as well. Even still, he wrapped his arms around his sister and gave her solace.
Just then, there was a loud fire cracking sound. Restea and Borret knew that it was the sound of the weapons ‘they’ used. They didn’t know its properties or anything, it was a mystery to them. Almost as if it had come from another world itself. It was also the same sound that killed their mother. Hearts sinking, they knew their father was dead.
Restea planted her face into her brother’s shirt and cried as if her heart had shattered perfectly in two.
© Copyright 2012 Rise Kujikawa (redgear3000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1853713-What-Should-I-do-God