*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855542-Lance-North
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Action/Adventure · #1855542
Lance North has been missing from Aurora's life for years now. What could he want?
I was in a open field with roses as far as the eye could see. I was wearing a wedding dress and I began walking down the aisle. In front of me was Pietr, must best friend and my soon to be husband. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but to smile back.

I was about to fix my dress when something happened. It wasn't Pietr in front of me but, Lance North. My old crush from when I was in eight grade. His black hair turned blue and his green eyes turned brown his lips curved into a smirk. "Didn't see this coming now did you Aurora? I'm coming for you and this time you will be mine." I almost screamed but I heard a bell ring. What how did a bell get into the middle of a field?



Pulling myself out of my dream Pietr stood smiling down at me. "Sleeping beauty missed all of Algebra. Didn't sleep well last night I suppose?" Nodding I wiped away my drool and stood up. My blonde hair hung past my waist and my brown contacts covered my purple eyes. Without them people would shun me and call me a freak. Everyone except my twin brother Lucas who had yellow eyes and wore brown contacts with me.

Me and Lucas both had blonde hair and caramel colored skin. He was a heart breaker and me, I was a undesirable to the guy race. The only guy who seemed remotely interested in me was Pietr. Pietr didn't really count since he has known me since kindergarten. I almost feel sorry his light had to be dimmed by my non social attitude.

"No I slept fine last night just, math is so boring I guess." Getting out of my desk Pietrs curly brown hair and deep green eyes almost made me faint. He was muscular, 6'3, and had a surfer tan. He wore a blue polo shirt and khakis. He was a cutie that's for sure.

"Sure, so when are you going to accept that you are madly in love with me?" Grinning he raised an eyebrow at me. I giggled but continued to my locker. Pietr decided that in seventh grade I was in love with him because I sneaked him into my room for a sleepover. Don't know why he thought that was love but whatever.

"The day my blonde hair turns black and you get fat." He laughed but in his eyes I saw hurt. He really did like me. "I had the weirdest dream in math though you wouldn't believe!" Placing my math book in my locker I snatched my bag and we headed outside. It was sunny out and a canary sang in a tree. Pietr threw his bag over his shoulder and led me to his car.

"Oh yeah? Try me." So I did, I told him about Lance North and the wedding and how he said he was coming for me. I saw Pietr blush at my mentioning that it was him I was marrying. I shrugged it off and hopped into his black pickup. His floor was littered with candy wrappers which were kicked aside.

"That's all pretty much." Pietr pulled the car over since we had some how arrived in front of my yellow house in record time. I was opening my door when Pietr kissed me. I had no time to react.

"I've been saving that for a long time." I got out in shock and that when I saw him. Lance North walking up my road a frown plastered on his face. Something was about to happen and all I knew was it was going to be bloody. Pietr laughed and grinned at me. "Your mine now sweet heart, not his." Opening his door Pietr hopped out and I followed.

"Pietr! Stop please, I don't understand!" Pietr looked over his shoulder at me and winked. I stopped and glanced at Lance who was only five feet from Pietr. His eyes locked with mine and I begged that he would stop. To late.

Lance made the first move by delivering a harsh uppercut but Pietr delivered a back hand punch to Lances head. I choked out a sob. What the hell was going on?

"You think you can just come back and get the girl after you deserted her? I was here for her the entire time while you were off what? Joining gangs in New York! That's classy!" Pietr dodged a fast jab from Lance. Lance was slipping looks at me between lunges. His eyes showed hurt and pain.

"You don't understand! I had to! She didn't love me then and I'm hoping that she does now!" Lance said while continuing to exchange blows with Peitr, Pietr got the worst of them but Lance got a few. What was Lance talking about? I loved him in 8th grade not anymore, or did I?

"Lance! Stop!" Lance delivered a hard blow to Pietrs cheek. Pietr threw one quickly back at Lance, catching him on his arm. "Pietr! Lance! Stop!" Neither of them were listening. Blood streamed down their faces and a black eye was forming on Pietr. I can't do this.

Running towards them I grabbed Lance by his arm and tried to pull him away. "Lance, please stop!" His brown eyes flashed with something I had never seen before. Blood lust. If I didn't stop him, Lance was going to kill Pietr.

"Let go of me." Pushing me away from him he continued to deliver blow after blow at Pietr. He was going to make me do it.

"Goddess Chaos, bring me the power to stop what has been done." The smell of burning flesh filled my nose. I held my hands above my hands and a dark light appeared. "I ask of you to erase what has been done and put them in their place." With a deep breath I faced my hands towards Lance and Pietr. Pietr was on the ground, a pool of blood forming beneath him. "Go." The dark like shot from my hands and took in Pietr and Lance.

I couldn't breath. Both of them were pulled apart and the darkness seeped into their skin. It was going to erase their memories of me. Ever since I was born in Italy I knew I could never be normal. Humans were drawn to me like a moth to a flame. They became competetive for my love, which I never gave out freely. Lance was a boy who had first met me when I moved to Mukilteo, Washington. I was maybe twelve then? I remember the little boy with mystical blue hair and endless brown eyes. His cheek bones high and never was a small kid. His lashes look like huge butterfly wings and his lips always had something comforting to say.

Now I am a junior at a private school called Shining Creek High. It was named after a Goddess who they refuse to accept is still alive. The school was started by my great ancestor Danika Aster. She started Shining Creek back around 1824. Now only certains students got accepted. It was for those who had special, abilities. I was a witch. I hid my eye color because no one else is like me. Most can only sense ghosts or see the dead. Not me.

"Hi miss." Blinking I focused on Pietr who seemed dazed and unharmed. "Where am I?" I sighed and pushed my hood over my head.

"You're on Clover Street." I slipped my bag over my shoulder. A deep aching in my chest made me gasp for air. Pietr was gorgeous. His black hair the color of night and green eyes the color of moss made my knees weak. I knew he had no clue about me except that I was some girl on the road.

"How did I get here?" I shrugged. "Well, thanks. Wait." Coming closer I held my breath. His eyes searched mine. "Do I know you?"

I laughed nervously. "No, I wish. I think I have a class with you at Shining Creek."

He nodded. "That might be it. Well, see you tomorrow maybe?" Pietr took off to his car. He was climbing in when I finally got the courage to respond.

"Sure." With a grin he took off past me. Once he was out of sight I searched for Lance. He was sitting on a fallen tree staring at me.

"Why did you do it?" His brown eyes seemed wounded. He couldn't remember.

"Do what? Sir, I think you're not well. You hit your head fairly hard." He wasn't hurt since Goddess Chaos healed them in the proccess.

"Don't." I sucked in air. He should have forgotten. "Aurora, if you ever again try to erase my memories of you, I will have to do something about it."

I took in a deep breath. That spell was supposed to work. "Lance it was for your own good!" Why did I feel the need to explain myself?

He just shook his head. "You don't get it. You're mine, no matter how much that human thinks your his. We're soulmates."

I laughed and threw my head back." Venus would not wish for me to be stuck with a demon." His eyes flashed black.

Lance curled his lips back. Giant wings unfurled from his back. They were the color of the night sky. My breath was tooken away. "A demon? Is this what your every day demon looks like?"

I fell to my knees. Lance, what was he? All I know is that from all my day spent in my room is that when in the presence of Lucifers son, you must bow.

"You're the Morning Stars son." His eyes turned to a gold, the color of syrup. Long swirling tattoos began to swirl up his arms. His body radiated a dark mist. It surrounded me and the feeling of needles in my skin made me scream.

"Of course. Now, I have chosen you to be mine, and you will submit to me." Slowly he made his way to me. The mist retracted as did the needles. Tears streaked my face. "Do not cry Aurora Verain. We will have many Nephlim kids with my power and your magic. We will take down the human race and return to the Promise Land. Isn't that what you want?"

I looked up. My stomach ached and my arms throbbed. "The Promise Land will come when I am ready to die. You cannot take me their. The Gods and Goddesses do not take that of your kind." I spat. I still loved Lance but witches weren't meant to reproduce with Angels. Only few have been seen. "I will stay here with the humans. You can find yourself a new bride."

Lance took my face in his hands and kissed my forehead. "You still love me. You will not deny my request, or something will be done." He grinned.

"What would you do?" It began to rain.

"I'll murder your entire family." Lance got off his knees. His wings began to return to under his clothes.

"You'd murder the woman who practically raised you?" I began to sob wildly. "You as-" Lance turned and grabbed me by my throat.

"Do not make me hurt you love, for I will if you continue to misbehave." He threw me against my mailbox. I listened as the door opened.

"Lance? Is that you?" Lance smiled as my mother rushed to my side.
© Copyright 2012 Dreaming_Pisces (pyschoticangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855542-Lance-North