*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855761-Antartica-An-unforgettable-journey
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Action/Adventure · #1855761
This is the journal of Dr. Meenakshi Chatterjee, who went to Antartica
This is a journal about me, Dr. Meenakshi Chatterjee, and my experiences.

It is 26th November 1990. We'll go by the ship, M.P. Tulleland to Antarctica. We'll start from Marmagaon which is near Mumbai, India.
A group of 100 people will go there, including 75 scientists and 25 assistants. I'm one of the scientists. I'm a little frightened and a little afraid too.

It is 9:30 pm and Antarctica is still 12,000 miles away.

It is 3rd December, and we've reached Antarctica.It is freezing cold here. But, the natural beauty is giving us warmth. Everyone is enchanted by the beauty of the white snow. We climbed on the helicopter, Hima . My partner is Usha Sachdev. We 're staying in "Maitri" It was very luxurious.The 1st floor consisted of kitchen, lounge, O.T and a greenhouse. In the 2nd Floor, there was communication room, guest house and a temple. In the temple there were Gods and Goddesses of every religion e.g., Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, etc.

It is 13th December, We're going to visit North Gangatri. It was the first exploration center for scientists. Maitri is second.

It is 24th December. At last, we've found out the ruins of North Gangatri. Let me explain you the story:
It was 1st January, I don't remember which year, but the first Indian exploration group came to Antarctica. All was well until 6th January, when the kitchen caught fire. Because of the wind and ice, the fire spread quickly. Some survived, some didn't.

It is 1st January. We've to return to India. It was a wonderful experience here in Antarctica. Goodbye for now.
© Copyright 2012 Aparajita (aparajita500 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855761-Antartica-An-unforgettable-journey