*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857139-A-Corporate-Apology
Rated: E · Fiction · Career · #1857139
Contest entry for flash fiction contest.It talks about corporate rivalry.
A Corporate Apology


Bamba Norris, our delivery head had arranged for an urgent meeting with the team for which he had flown in from California. It was surely not the usual pleasant day for Matt, he sat there on his chair like a warrior waiting for death. His office room looked gloomy like his face.

         Once, I was famished to death by this heartless monarch. Like a phoenix, I had emerged from the ashes of ignominy and agony. We both knew the thoughts hovering in our minds. He had cheated the ingenious delivery head the organisation had ever had. One needs to be very smart for such accomplishment. Warnings which I gave to the delivery head fell in deaf ears. Smart and cunning as a fox, Matt turned every obstacle I put in his way into a stepping stone to his throne. He had built his empire by throwing me into darkness. Blood and bribe bought him people for his camp, who were loyal to him by deceiving the organisation.

He looked at me in anguish, for which I returned a cold look. Fortunately, luck is not anyone's private property, I thought.

Leaving the episode at the best end, Bamba came out of the room after handing over the termination letter to Matt.
Bamba had walked past my place without even uttering a word.


"I am here only to face tough situations, why would anyone accept his mistake?", I tried to console my mind which required to pour out the tears of a lifetime. Linda, the secretary came upto my desk and handed over a note, which Bamba head left for me.
It read, "My heartfelt aplogies. I had no idea it was this bad."
© Copyright 2012 malinisarovar (indukrishna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857139-A-Corporate-Apology