*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857398-Education-with-a-difference
Rated: E · Monologue · Entertainment · #1857398
Short monologue about a mans life throughout school and his experiences while there.
Monologue

Heads flushed down toilets, lunch money stolen and black eyes arising were a few of the occurrences that kept me occupied throughout primary school. You could say that I was not liked by many of my fellow peers in class after all of that happening; however you could hardly blame me for my inferiority compared to them.

The biggest reason one did not bond with many of them was probably the fact that my age at the time differed greatly from theirs. I should not have been in primary school at the age I was, but with by sibling’s ever growing dumbness it was hardly surprising that I also ended up in the wrong classes. I have always found it hard socialising and being nice towards people. In my world compliments do not exist unless they are aimed at me. When I was four the other children in my street would run into their homes when I walked along the pathway. You could say I am real life superhero that is how I would like to see it.

As you could probably guess I did not last long in primary school I got pushed quickly out of it. I ended up at secondary school however as you can probably instigate with how my story has gone so far, I did not do the normal length of time there either. The lead to me beginning to conduct a few of my own home made experiments to pass my time while out of education. My main one was probably the “death ray” which I built it so I could simply show the neighbouring children to not to mess with me. Unfortunately, this came to a short end when the government found out about me hacking my way into their computer data to get harmful poisons. This lead to my mum forcing me to undergo a number of regular tests on my brain to make sure I was not going to become a criminal mastermind in the future. Probably due to our family not known for amounts of money my mother put a stop to any tests I had to have, this then advanced into me building my own CAT scanner. Once I was known to the public for my inventions, even though my popularity was mainly negative it did lead to me getting a place at college.

Once again in my spare time I still conducted my own experiments and inventions, this time however it was more to do with me gaining the upper hand in the household sibling rivalry. But even if not to do with sibling rivalry it would have pessimistic effects on my family. For example my experiments lead to my sister losing her eyebrows, my father breaking his arm and my mother losing a few valuable pieces of jewellery. Not that any of this happening to them affected me in anyway, obviously. I did not have a great relationship with my family if you had not already guessed.

My mother was a church goer and the problems with our relationship probably occurred when I presented my very strong opinion towards her beliefs which could not oppose hers any more. Obviously because her thinking that some man created everything is despicable, I mean trying to make someone as good as me would have been a challenge in itself, but proving the world exists because of the big bang which everyone will know is when the all the energy and light were all compacted into the infinitely dense point which caused the universe to expand tremendously. But that is another story, but we will not get in to that.

Moving on, as you can probably guess, my college experience was not a lengthy one either, but one thing that did differ from my previous stays at education places was that I actually managed to make one friend, or acquaintance as I would prefer to refer to him as. We shared some common traits, which were that we were studying for the same degree and that the slim amount of friendships we developed over our childhood.

As I grew older and the bond between me and my family grew further apart I felt like finding my own apartment was highly necessary. I ended up sharing an apartment with the one friend I found while in college. Even though he was the only person who ever managed to get me to accept them as a friend and not someone highly inferior to myself he still had plenty of negative thoughts towards me. For example he thought I was smug, and that I could possibly be a robot from a different planet because of my lack of empathy towards people, he also thinks that I have a childish demeanour, and that I am a few experiments away from being a real life super villain.

When I think of my life in this way that I have presented it to you, it seems as though I could be perceived as a bully that got kicked out of every educational facility I attended, which makes me seem as though I could be a very uneducated human being. Not only does it seem as though I am backward in the educational sense but also because I have shown that by social skills are a little below average also. However you would be misconceiving me greatly to form an opinion of anything of the sort. You see I was the one who had my head flushed down the toilet, my lunch money stolen. I was the one who was given the black eyes. I was at primary school at a different age to everyone else there because I was that smart that I advanced through school more abruptly than the normal school child. I was forced to leave high school and college quickly because I finished the courses within a few months. I received a PhD, which is a degree in doctoring of philosophy for all the people who find it hard to grasp the different titles for professionals, when I was at the age of only 14 and went on to become one of today’s greatest scientific physicist. The youths in my neighbourhood would run in their homes when I walked down the street because they thought it was embarrassing to be seen with a geek that read comic books about superheroes in their spare time. The friend a made thought negative things about me because I was more interested in experiments and advancing in the field of science rather than learn the basic norms and values of socialising with ‘loved ones’. You could say I am a one of a kind scientific genius that could only be compared to someone such as Albert Einstein. However because I believe myself I am a much more advanced life form and that any other human being would be terribly incorrect to think they was anything other than inferior to me, none of this bothers me.
© Copyright 2012 Amy Vause (vausea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857398-Education-with-a-difference