*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857496-In-Support-of-Catholic-Magisterium
Rated: E · Essay · Religious · #1857496
Essay using reason to justify faith in the moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
          The Catholic Church was instituted on Earth nearly 2,000 years ago by Jesus, our God incarnate, who walked upon the earth in order that he might redeem all of us from our sins due to our human weakness through the ultimate and most selfless sacrifice imaginable. God’s plan for salvation in no way left humans in the dark. God sent his son to salvage a world that sin had torn apart. Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross to redeem us from sin would have been meaningless, had he not first acknowledged the sins he was dying for and instructed the people accordingly. To dispel all doubt and ignorance in the world, Jesus, through his public ministry, in both word and action, gave the example necessary to ensure that a clear message of what was sin and what was virtue was delivered, to be kept and obeyed for all time. Even today, 2,000 years later, we still have a precise account of Jesus’ teachings as well as the information necessary to recognize and support his role as the institutor of the Catholic Church on Earth.
          Belief in Jesus’ divine nature as the Son of God, while also being the head of the Catholic Church, should constitute a firm and faithful belief in the Magisterium, the teaching authority of the Church. Any deviation from these teachings, therefore, is merely the result of human error, not divine error. The Catholic Church does not fail to admit to its past faults; however, it also does not fail to attribute these shortcomings to human fallibility, rather than a faulty premise of teaching. Jesus’ laws remain perfect and unchangeable.
          I whole-heartedly support all that the Church has taught, not merely out of blind acceptance, but out of sincere, genuine agreement. I hold myself to a standard in which I acquire the proper knowledge of all that I claim to believe. By first firmly establishing my own deep, personal agreement with all the teachings of the Catholic Church, I eliminate all potential fear when defending my beliefs, because I know that the ground on which I stand is perfect and unwavering. An event has never yet come to pass in which the Catechism of the Catholic Church has not provided the perfect answer, giving both compassion and justice to all, and offense to none.
© Copyright 2012 Daniel Twohig (mjtro12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857496-In-Support-of-Catholic-Magisterium