*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857712-white-walls
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1857712
a piece on moving and realizing you have regrets.
blank walls surround me, much like meaningless surrounds it all. The shadows that once stayed still now move, like i move today but not then. Dark hollow holes... Like the times spent empty. I box things up, tear things down, unscrew what has been screwed. I take apart the meaninglessness, and rearrange it to mean something, anything. I neatly place my now new meaningfulness into square cardboard boxes. I tape it up and leave it there, ready for another day, a better day,a different place. A place where it can be unleashed into my new life. It's better kept there than here, where everything turns useless, including a life; Where beautiful white walls that once embraced hope now glare in your face with ugly screw holes. I fill in the holes, one by one. I fill them with white, to match the white walls, and I fill them with purpose for the next to reside. For the next to behold, cherish and try, to love and live, but not to die. death already lived here, and now death is moving on. The shadows once danced and today it's now twice. But all the days in between- it's true- they were paralyzed. My message is this: To live and live. Never let your life go rotten, not even for a second, because seconds turn into years. Holes and still shadows will make it go bad, so dance with some friends, just go dance and dance. And when someone wounds you and puts a hole in your heart, never fill it with anything but pure God. Pure, white, and glistening God.
© Copyright 2012 Eileen Sideways (wolfskillh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857712-white-walls