*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857747-Ode-to-Oreo
by A.B.
Rated: E · Other · Food/Cooking · #1857747
A piece dedicated just for the best part of my day.
                                                                                          Ode to Oreo 
Ah, who could forget the first time one had an Oreo?
Let me guess, was it amazing beyond belief? Or did you end up screaming "FOR SHAME! HOW DARE YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME ALL THIS TIME?' around the house?
Even though it has probably been more than a decade since I first ate an Oreo, every time I bite into one that same warm fuzzy feeling comes back.
Remember that feeling, the excitement you had building up inside you when ever you thought about the famous "Twist.Lick.Dunk."motto?

Well finally after a hundred years to be exact, Oreos finally celebrates their 100th birthday.
Hurrah! It's time to celebrate! They have finally released a new flavor for yours truly to try.
And what else would have been the perfect choice other than (duh!) Birthday Cake!

In my 13 years of existence on this planet, you could say I would have had my fair share of different packaged cookies to try.
Yet, I have not seen a single company think of something as simple as Birthday Cake.
To name a few flavors, I have tried Chocolate Oreos, Mint Ice Cream Oreos, Double Stuff Oreos, Vanilla Ice Cream Oreos, Peanut Butter Oreos, Strawberry Oreos, Blueberry Oreos, Peach Oreos, Grape Oreos, Normal Oreos, and of course Birthday Cake Oreos.

As I happily bit into my first Birthday Cake Oreo, I noticed that the sprinkle to creme ratio was less than desirable (depressing news indeed).
After a few chews, some bites, a couple of licks, three dunks, a glass of milk, and a pack of Birthday Cake Oreos later, I have concluded that this certainly did not top the list at my "One Hundred Things to Eat at My Last Meal if Ever I Get a Death Sentence."

In the end after one hunded years of bring joy to people's hearts (and bellies), the original flavored Oreo still tops the list.
The old fashioned cookie will never leave my mind. I recall there was a saying "Out of sight, out of mind." Ha! What a lie!
I make an oath to you,Oreo. I will always leave you a special place in my heart. Through rain or shine, Oreos will never be forgotten.
Farewell for now and happy one hundredth birthday to you.


© Copyright 2012 A.B. (stayingstrong at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857747-Ode-to-Oreo