*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858155-Genesis-Creation-guidance-vs-chance
by sam
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1858155
Understanding creation is important to human life.
Genesis

Creation is powerful. To create something new is to create something everlasting. We know everything that has a beginning has an end but we do not create thinking our creation will come to a bitter end. But why do we create? Is it because we want to play god or does creation just happen by chance. Clearly these are the two schools of thoughts that dominate our every day discussions. How did it all happen? How did we come to be? Did something or someone create us -the mankind, the stars, the sun, the moon, and the earth? Or did we all fall into a sequence out of infinite possibilities? Do we have a purpose or an objective on this celebrated life bearing earth or are we just a speck of dust floating aimlessly in this vast nothingness called the universe. Sooner or later every man will face these questions and sooner the better. Because these questions are not only vital for our future civilisation, but also ,these questions when answered will one day lead us to our salvation, to an utopian happiness, to nirvana.

According an English Monk-Philosopher Charles Darwin, we are all nothing but the product of chance. In his book “On the origin of species”, he wrote that every living creature has a common origin. Due to genetic mutation and environmental adaptation a new species evolves from the old ones. Basically a bacterium became a worm, a worm became a fish, a fish became a bird, a bird became a monkey and finally by the grace of chance, a monkey became a man. As ridiculously stupid as it sounds this is evolution in a nutshell. Scientifically, there is no evidence to support this philosophy. However, there are many new species that have been created by the intervention of human mind. Cross breeding of animals and plants have led to new, more productive species. So, if there is any hint of evolution, it is only within a species and done not by mutation or adaptation but by human intervention. Evolution seems nothing but one more modern doctrine to keep god out of human life. An evolutionist when questioned about the scientific authenticity of his philosophy simply shuns and ridicules the questioner and reiterates that there is no shadow of doubt regarding the scientific authenticity of his theory. It is absolutely vital for us laymen to understand that evolution is not a scientific theory backed by scientific facts but a modern day philosophy.

Imagine a task. A translucent bag contains twelve differently coloured marbles. A sequence of twelve colours is written down. Your task is to pick marbles to match the written sequence. Try to do this and you shall see how many times you will have to pick those marbles to match the exact sequence of colours (1 out of 12^12 times). Now imagine our solar system, then thousands of solar systems in our galaxy, then millions of galaxies with infinite number of stars. Hard to imagine isn't it. If it takes you days to pick out those marbles in sequence than how much time would it take to get all these in sequence? It is not possible in trillions and trillions of years. The answer it all just happened is not only false but also ill conceived.

In the first book of the bible, the Christian holy book, in the book of genesis it is stated that the god created the heavens and the earth in seven days. In our own Hindu religion we call Brahma the creator. Every religion that teaches us morality and immorality on earth believes that we were created by our creator in his image and the purpose of our life is to be like him. The realization of the fact that our time here on earth is short and should be purposeful can lead us from selfish consumerist lifestyle and transcend us to a deep spiritual life. When we look through the eye of love and see the beauty that surrounds us we begin to realise what a special gift we have. The gift of life is the most important gift given to us by our creator who seeks perfection. Just think for a minute, to be able to see the delicious sunrise, to hear the sweet chirping sounds of a bird, to smell the magnificent fragrance of the rose and to taste the sweet nectar of the honey bee, is this not important? And to think that all this came about just like that, for no reason is hard for me to believe. Thus let us understand our creation through our creator and we will understand our salvation.
© Copyright 2012 sam (sanky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858155-Genesis-Creation-guidance-vs-chance