*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858209-I-Love-Kindergarten
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1858209
Short children's story
I Love Kindergarten





How was your day Michael’s mom asked.



He laughed.  “I love kindergarten.  I went so many places today?  I went to the jungle and the moon and the arctic and other places too.



“Wow. I thought the bus just went to school.”



“The bus,” Michael whispered, “Shh don’t tell me sister but it is really a submarine.  We were in the big ocean, with sharks and squid and a tiger.”



“A tiger?”  Mom said.  “Tigers are in the rain forest.”



“We went to the rain forest too.”  Michael raised his eyebrow, daring his mom to not believe him.  “We did.”



“How did you get to the rain forest?”



“On the swings, the green ones.  I swung and swung just like a howler monkey would have done.  And I squawked like a parrot and then I jumped off like a Kangaroo.”



“They live in Australia.”



“We went there too.  I jumped all through Australia.  I even hugged a wombat.  Don’t laugh, I did.  I hugged a wombat and a lizard and a polar bear.”



“A polar bear?  They live in the arctic?”



“We went there.  At lunch I was eating my sandwich when it started snowing and right by my table was a polar bear.  I walked on the ice and I walked on the snow.  Until, my teacher came and we had to go.”



“And where did you go then?”  His mother asked.



“I went to the city with my two best friends.  We build towers and bus stops and houses.  I saw pigeons and a buffalo.”



“Buffalo?  Michael, Buffalo are too big for the city, they live in the plains.”



“Today we also went there for a change. I played music with the golden symbols and the silver triangles.  It sounded like thunder.  It was dangerous, booms! and crashes! everywhere.”



“And then when I got on the bus to go home, the bus zoomed past the trees and went straight to the moon.”  Michael yawned.



“Well I am so glad your home.”



“Me too.”  And Michael napped on the couch and dreamed of where he might go tomorrow.

© Copyright 2012 lilylucy (lilylucy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858209-I-Love-Kindergarten