*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858733-Ghost-Town-Massacre-Rocks-Nation
by SuzyQ
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1858733
Three dead! Friends accused of murder! What really happened that night? Read her account!

Ghost Town Massacre Rocks Nation!


         Ghost  towns  have  always  been  a  source  of  fascination  and  intrigue  to  me.  The towns  were  very  exciting  to  explore  while  I  pictured  the  lives  people  led  in  the  archaic  establishments.  I’ve  always  been  bit  of  a  history  buff  and  that’s  how  I  met  my  boyfriend  at  the  time,  Chris.  However  that’s  an additional  story  for  another  time.

         A  group  of  my  college  buddies  and  I  have  been  visiting  ghost  towns  for  a  little  over  two  years  now.  Frequently  we’d  pack  up  for  the  weekend  and  head  up  to  a  nearby  ghost  town.  Other  times  we’d  run  off  during  the  short  break  between  semesters  or  spring  break  to  see  ghost  towns  further  away.

         I  was  thrilled  when  one  of  my  friends  and  fellow  ghost  town  advocate,  Billy,  suggested  we  go  explore  a  ghost  town  in  another  country.  He  was  researching  ghost  towns  in  foreign  countries  at  the  time  and  had  found  a  couple  of  interesting  ones.  Later  we  decided  on  an  old  ghost  town  that  had  been  abandoned  some  time  in  the  1900s  during  the  industrial  era.  Plans  were  made  to  visit  this  town  the  following  Spring  Break. 

         No,  I  will  not  disclose  the  ghost  town  or  the  country  it  is  in.  You  never  know  who’s  foolish  enough  to  go  out  there  and  investigate  my  story  and  get  themselves  hurt,  or  worse  killed.

         The  following  spring  break  five  of  us  packed  up  and  barreled  off  with  eagerness  and  high  expectations.  Our  group  comprised  of  Chris,  Billy,  another  cohort  Greg,  Caitlyn;  a  recent  addition  to  our  little group;  and  I.  The  rest  of  the  fellow  ghost  town  enthusiasts  either  had  other  plans,  or  couldn’t  afford  to  go.  Honestly  Chris  was  only  able  to  come  because  I’d  paid  for  him  of  course.

         The  trip  was  awful  from  the  very  start.  Looking  back,  that  could  have  been  a  foreshadowing  of  the  events  to  come.  Of  course,  none  of  us  knew  that  at  the  time.  Our  plane  ride  was  noisy  and  unpleasant.  The  turbulence  was  frightening  and  Chris  gripped  my  hand  so  tight  I  thought  it  was  going  to  fall  off.  The  suite  we’d  reserved  was  mistakenly  given  away  before  we  had  arrived,  thus  we  had  to  upgrade  to  a  pricier  suite  that  was  not  in  any  of  our  budgets.  The  hotel  Billy  chose  was  lacking  in amenities  and  Caitlyn  certainly  let  him  know  it.  Ugh  the  frustrations  of  traveling  to  foreign  countries! 

         The  next  day  we  arrived  to  the  tour  guide's  location  but  he  was  not  there.  We  waited  around  for  awhile,  but  he  never  showed.  Finally  we  decided  to  return  to  the  hotel  to  call  the  tour  guide  and  find  out  what  had  happened  to  him.  This  was  long  before  cell  phones  and  even  beepers  for  that  matter  so  we  didn’t  have  the  convenience  of  calling  him  from  his  business  locale.  Society  just  does  not  know  how  good  they  have  it  today  with  all  the  new  conveniences  of  computers,  internet,  and  cell  phones!

         When  we  got  back  to  the  hotel,  We  called  the  tour  guide  immediately  only  to  get  a  message  explaining  that  he’d  had  a  family  emergency  and  had  to  leave  town  for  awhile.  All  of  us  asked  around  town  to  see  if  we  could  find  anyone  else  that  offered  tours  of  the  old  abandoned  town  but  without  success.  You  couldn’t  believe  our  disappointment.  We  only  planned  to  stay  for  two  days  before  returning  back  to  our  college  campus.  Everyone  had  plans  for  the  remainder  of  our  break  back  home  and  most  of  us  had  already  spent  what  we  could  afford  for  this  trip.

         I  confess  I’d  maxxed  my  student  visa  to  fund  my  trip  out  here.  My  father  was  going  to  be  furious  with  me.  Though  the  wrath  I  would  receive  when  dear  old  Dad  got  the  bill  was  more  than  worth  seeing  a  foreign  ghost  town  to  me.  But  now  it  was  all  for  nothing.

         We’d  all  commiserated  our  disappointment  that  night  over  dinner  and  drinks.  Greg  suggested  we  rent  a  car  and  go  out  there  without  a  tour  guide.  What  would  have  been  the  harm  right?  It  was  just  an  abandoned  town  with  no  one  around  to  find  out.  Some  of  us  were  wary  but  Billy  said  he’d  spring  for  the  car  so  we  relented.

         The  next  day  Billy  rented  a  station  wagon.  After  breakfast  we  all  loaded  into  the  long  car  with  a  map  and  a  cooler  of  bottled  water,  sodas,  and  sandwiches  for  lunch.  Billy  was  driving  since  he’d  been  the  one  to  rent  the  car.  Caitlyn  sat  up  front  with  him,  while  Chris  and  I  took  the  back  bench  seat,  and  Greg  with  the  map  sat  all  the  way  in  the  back  propped  against  the  cooler.  How  does  someone  lack  essential  skills  like  being  able  to  read  a  map  I  will  never  know  but  we’d  gotten  lost  a  few  times  which  led  to  lots  of  fighting  and  bickering.  Greg  finally  relented  to  everyone’s  complaining  and  passed  the  map  up  to  Caitlyn.  At  last  we  arrived  a  little  after  two  o’clock  thanks  to  Caitlyn.

         Billy  had  researched  the  town  extensively,  so  as  we  sauntered  along  the  abandoned  buildings  he  described  some  of  the  details  he’d  read  about.  I  snapped  photos  of  many  of  the  buildings  and  dozens  of  all  of  us.  We  were  all  enjoying  ourselves  immensely.  This  short  amount  of  time  was  the  only  saving  grace  of  the  entire  trip!  It  was  such  a  shame.

         Near  the  end  of  our  tour  we  noticed  a  couple  of  large  two  or  three  story  industrial  buildings  a  few  yards  out.  Billy  was  confused  because  nothing  in  his  research  had  mentioned  any  of  these  industrial  buildings.  Funny  thing,  they  appeared  to  have  been  constructed  more  recent  than  the  other  buildings  we’d  been  exploring.  The  distinction  in  architecture  and  design  was  significant  by  possibly  10  years  or  more.

         Curiosity  killed  the  cat  right?  Yet  that  proverb  was  not  enough  to  sway  our  little  group  and  we  drove  out  to  check  out  the  buildings.  They  had  been  abandoned  as  well  but  we  didn’t  know  when  or  why.  Truthfully  we  didn’t  know  anything  about  these  mysterious  buildings.  Thus  we  found  ourselves  going  inside  to  investigate  them.

         Most  of  the  rooms  had  big  windows  to  provide  plenty  of  light  to  see  with,  though  there  were  several  rooms  that  did  not  have  windows  and  were  too  dark  to  explore.  The  building  appeared  to  be  an  old  medical  office  until  we’d  stumbled  upon  the  second  floor.  Here  we  found  evidence  of  research  in  old  records  and  bulky  machines.   

         Chris  must  have  been  getting  bored  during  our  explorations  and  soon  he was  amusing  himself  by  groping  me  as  we  went  room  to  room. 

         Soon  after  Chris  began  this  behavior,  we  discovered  what  looked  like  a  break  room  with  multiple  tables  and  chairs.  Long  counters  with  storage  cabinets  above  them  ran  along  the  outer  walls  and  one  section  had  an  old  fashioned  sink.  There  was  even  a  very  old  rusty  refrigerator  in  the  back  of  the  room. 

         The  room  held  no  interest  for  the  rest  of  our  group  and  everyone  made  to  leave.  As  I  turned  to  follow  them  out,  Chris  stopped  me  by  grabbing  my  hips  and  pulling  me  back  against  him.  He  was  clearly  aroused  and  the  affect  of  his  hard-on  pressed  against  my  butt  got  me  excited.  Chris  bent  down  to  nibble  on  my  ear  and  whisper  shocking  suggestions  in  my  ear  that  I  am  ashamed  to  admit  enticed  me. 

         Billy  stopped  halfway  out  the  door  and  turned  to  us  when  he  noticed  we  were  not  following.

         “Just  go  on  ahead,”  I  explained, “we’ll  catch  up  to  you  in  a  minute.”

         Billy  rolled  his  eyes  at  us  and  shut  the  door  quietly  behind  him.  I  heard  him  mutter  something  to  Caitlyn  and  Greg  and  then  their  footsteps  lead  away.

         We’d  wasted  no  time  after  they  left.  Shortly  after  Chris  had  me  propped  up  on  a  counter.  My  tight  mini  skirt  was  bunched  up  around  my  waist  and  my  panties  were  lying  forgotten  on  the  floor  somewhere  behind  him.  Chris’s  jeans  where  down  around  his  ankles  and  he  was  thrusting  in  and  out  of  me.  One  of  his  hands  was  up  under  my  baggy  blouse  and  bra  cupping  a  breast  while  he  used  the  other  to  support  himself  on  the  counter.  He’d  been  pinching  and  squeezing  my  nipple  with  his  thumb  and  forefinger,  and  was  plunging  his  tongue  in  and  out  of  my  ear  when  the  scream  resonated  through  the  building.  I  mistook  the  scream  as  one  of  Chris’s  own  shouts  of  pleasure  and  moaned  in  response  before  we  heard  the  following  scream  moments  later. 

         Chris  and  I  both  froze  simultaneously  and  looked  at  each  other.

         “What  was  that?”  He  asked  as  if  he  needed  assurance  of  what  he’d  heard.

         “I  think  it  was  Caitlyn  screaming!”  I  exclaimed.

         He  hastily  pulled  out  of  me  and  stepped  away  uttering  a  curse.  I  slid  down  from  the  counter  and  starting  shoving  my  feet  back  into  my  boots.  He  was  quicker  then  me  and  already  had  his  pants  pulled  up  around  his  hips  before  I  got  on  my  first  boot.  Fastening  his  zipper  Chris  headed  for  the  door. 

         “Wait!”  I  exclaimed  with  a  little trepidation  in  my  voice.  It  looked  like  Chris  was  about  to  leave  me  and  I  couldn’t  find  my  panties.  I  probably  looked  a  little  silly  standing  there  with  my  skirt  gathered  up  around  my  waist.  “I  can’t  find  my  panties!”

         “Just  leave  them!”  He  insisted  and  swung  open  the  door.

         I  hastily  pulled  my  skirt  down  as  I  tried  to  catch  up  to  him.

         We  headed  off  in  the  direction  we  assumed  the  group  had  taken  without  us.

         An  odd  metallic  door  at  the  end  of  the  hallway,  where  the  scream  had  originated,  stood  slightly  ajar.  Everything  was  disturbingly  silent  save  for  a  bizarre  chattering  noise  coming  from  inside  the  room.  Beams  of  light  from  the  hallway  made  it  possible  to  make  out  a  series  of  metallic  shelving  units  beyond  the  door. However, beyond  the  first  set  of  shelves,  everything  was  completely  dark.

         Chris  and  I  began  to  make  our  way  into  the  room  hoping  we’d  soon  find  our  friends.  Boxes  and  an  assortment  of  many  things  we  could  not  make  out  in  the  dark  were  housed  on  the  shelves.  The  rows  split  down  the  middle  of  the  room  permitting  a  two  person  wide  travel  gap.  Although,  it  was  too  dark  to  see  to  the  rear  of  the  room  where  we  suspected  the  scream  had  come  from.

         The  inhuman  chattering  noises  set  us  on  edge  so  we  moved  as  quiet  as  possible.  The  hair  on  the  back  of  my  neck  was  raised  and  I  had  goose  bumps  all  up  and  down  my  arms.  I  clung  to  Chris’s  arm  as  he  led  me  thru  the  rows  of  shelves.  Occasionally  I  could  hear  a  noise  that  sounded  an  awful  lot  like  a  high  squealed  sucking  noise  coming  from  the  rear  of  the  room. 

         All  of  a  sudden,  a  hand  clamped  down  on  my  shoulder  as  another  clamped  over  my  mouth.  I  almost  jumped  out  of  my  skin  and  the  hand  barely  muffled  my  scream.  My  heart  started  racing  and  I  swear  a  weaker  person  would  have  fainted.

         Someone  murmured,  “Shhhh”  in  my  ear  and  I  felt  them  tug  me  into  the  dark  recesses  between  two  rows.  To  my  relief  I  recognized  Billy’s  voice. 

         Understanding  the  need  for  silence  I  followed  him  silently  and  waited  until  we  stopped  for  an  explanation  from  him.  I  could  barely  make  out  a  figure  slumped  on  the  ground  behind  him.  A  strong  coppery  odor  extended  from  the  corner  he  had  led  us  to.  I  recognized  the  scent  of  blood  but  I  could  not  see  if  the  injured  party  was  Caitlyn  or  Greg.  Nor  did  I  see  a  third  figure  which  confused  and  scared  me.

         “Caitlyn  was  snatched  by  this  ‘thing’”,  Billy  whispered,  “back  there.  There  were  three  of  them.  We  need  to  get  out  of  here  but  we  have  to  do  it  quietly  and  Greg  is  hurt.  He  was  trying  to  hold  on  to  Caitlyn  when  he  was  bitten.  Now  he  cannot  move  at  all!”

         “What  are  they?”  Chris  whispered  questioningly.

         “Like  I’d  know.”  Billy  responded  in  irritated  murmurs.  “All  I  know  is  that  they  like  flesh.  They  tore  off  her  arm  and  one  of  them  was  gnawing  on  it.  Greg  was  trying  to  pull  her  away  from  them.”

         “What  about  Caitlyn?!  We  can’t  just  leave  her  back  there  with  those  things!”  I  squeaked,  probably  a  bit  too  loud.  I  quickly  covered  my  mouth  with  my  hand  and  looked  around  fearfully.  Had  I  alerted  them?  I  worried.

         “We  don’t  have  anything  to  fight  them  with.”  Billy  hissed  back  at  me  between  his  teeth.  He  was  clearly  annoyed  with  me.  He  leaned  down  next  to  the  slumped  figure  on  the  floor.  “Help  me  carry  Greg,  Chris.”

         Chris  moved  back  to  grab  Greg  and  together  they  lifted  him  off  the  ground  enough  to  drag  him.

         We  were  halfway  back  to  the  door  when  I  felt  something  wet  fall  onto  me  from  above.  I  stopped  short  just  a  few  feet  in  front  of  Chris  and  Billy.  I  looked  down  at  my  shoulder  to  see  what  had  fallen  on  me,  which  now  if  I  had  thought  about  it  was  pretty  dumb  of  myself  considering  the  little  bit  of  light  in  the  room  was  not  enough  for  me  to  tell  what  it  was.  Then  I  finally  looked  up  to  see  this  figure  lurching  down  towards  me.  I  moved  quickly  enough  to  avoid  being  grabbed  and  it  fell  to  the  floor  between  us.  I  couldn’t  stop  myself  from  doing  so  and  let  out  a  loud  scream. 

         The  thing  was  dark  grey  but  human  shaped  with  long  talon  like  fingers  and  monkey  like  feet.  It  had  big  pointy  ears  and  was  no  bigger  then  a  child.  It’s  pointing  sharp  teeth  and  bulging  eyes  were  enough  to  scare  me.  Was  it  human  once?  Or  was  it  created  this  way?  I asked  myself  these questions knowing that  I would never get an answer to them.

         It  stood  between  us  hissing  at  all  of  us.  We  were  all  momentarily  stunned  with  fear.  It’s  movements  jerky  and  it  was  facing  all  directions  at  once.  Don’t  ask  me  how  this  was  possible  perhaps  it  was  my  own  fear  messing  with  my  perception. 

         I  could  hear  the  approach  of  more  of  them  coming  from  the  rear  of  the  room.  No  doubt  the  had  been  alerted  by  my  scream.  Obviously  Chris  and  Billy  had  heard  their  approach  as  well  because  they  both  made  a  startled  noise  simultaneously.  They  dropped  Greg  and  starting  running  for  the  door.  I  am  ashamed  to  admit  I  did  not  look  back  at  Greg  or  give  a  second  thought  to  Caitlyn  again.  My  heart  was  beating  so  fast  and  I  was  sure  I  was  going  to  die.

         Chris  was  the  first  to  reach  the  door  with  Billy  in  stride.  As  soon  as  I  rushed  thru  the  door  Chris  and  Billy  slammed  it  closed.

         “We  broke  the  bar  to  get  in!”  Billy  exclaimed  as  he  tried  to  catch  his  breath.  “We  need  to  find  another  way  to  block  the  door.”

         Chris  and  Billy  leaned  up  against  the  door.  I  bent  over  and  put  my  hands  on  my  knees  to  catch  my  breath.  My  baggy  blouse  slid  down  my  back  and  gathered  around  my  shoulders.  Billy  probably  got  a  good  eyeful  of  my  bra  but  at  the  moment  I  didn’t  care. 

         After  I  had  caught  my  breath  I  righted  myself  and  looked  up  at  Chris.  He  was  wide  eyed  and  looked  just  as  scared  as  I  felt.

         “Liz,  go  find  something  to  block  this  door.”  Chris  instructed  me  with  wheezing  breath.  He  was  asthmatic  and  I  was  fearful  he’d  start  going  into  an  attack.

         I  rushed  into  a  nearby  room  searching  for  something  in  my  terror.  What  was  I  going  to  be  able  to  carry  back  that  would  hold  the  door  close?  I  panicked  to  myself.  It  took  my  entering  several  rooms  to  finally  think  of  something  that  could  possibly  work.  In  one  of  the  previous  rooms  I’d  entered  I’d  seen  some  metallic  chairs.

         Maybe  it  would  be  able  to  hold  it  shut  long  enough  to  get  out  of  here.  I  thought.  But  what  if  there  are  more  of  them  roaming  around  this  place!

         I  quickly  pushed  that  thought  out  of  my  mind  as  I  ran  back  to  get  a  chair.  Right  now  was  not  the  time  for  gloom  and  doom  thoughts.  When  I  returned  Chris  and  Billy  were  exerting  effort  to  keep  the  door  shut  and  I  could  hear  a  body  slamming  up  against  the  other  side  of  it.  Billy  slid  over  to  keep  his  body  weight  against  it  while  still  providing  me  enough  room  to  slide  the  chair  in  place.  It  was  tricky  and  the  creature  on  the  other  side  managed  to  get  the  door  open  a  crack  before  I  got  it  into  place.  When  I was  sure  it  was  positioned  right  Chris  and  Billy  moved  away  from  the  door. 

         “Let’s  get  out  of  here!  Who  knows  how  long  this  will  keep  them.” Chris  shouted  and  we  sped  for  the  exit.

         We  did  not  stop  running  until  we  made  it  to  the  car.  Chris  was  struggling  for  breath  and  had  fallen  behind.  When  I  reached  the  car  Billy  was  already  in  and  starting  it  up.

         I  jerked  open  the  back  passenger  door  and  was  climbing  in  as  I  heard  Chris  shriek.  I  looked  back  to  see  the  creatures  had  gotten  out  of  the  room  and  were  chasing  us  down.  Two  of  them  had  leapt  on  Chris’s  back  and  he  was  being  forced  to  the  ground

         “Chris!  No!”  I  yelled.  Terror  and  grief  flooded  my  voice.

         “Shut  your  door!”  Billy  exclaimed  apprehensively.

         I  turned  to  glare  at  Billy  and  spotted  three  more  creatures  rushing  towards  the  car.  Two  of  the  monstrosities  were  as  big  as  a  bear  and  were  lumbering  a  distance  behind  the  third  smaller  creature.  They  were  loping  towards  us  sort  of  like  a  hyena  runs.  My  eyes  must  have  bulged  out  of  my  head  because  Billy  turned  to  look  at  what  I  was  seeing  and  quickly  put  the  car  in  drive.

         Glancing  mournfully  at  Chris  I  slammed  the  door  shut  and  quickly  began  to  lock  all  of  its  rear  doors.  I  was  bent  over  the  front  seat  reaching  for  the  front  passenger  door  lock  when  I  felt  the  car’s  impact  on  one  of  the  things  running  our  way.  The  car  jerked  and  I  was  thrust  forward  slightly  getting  me  closer  to  the  lock  sooner.  Just  as  I  snapped  the  lock  down  I  was  jerked  backwards  as  Billy  shifted  the  car  into  reverse  and  sped  backwards.  My  head  bumped  the  roof  of  the  car  and  pain  spiked  through  my  brain.

         “Ugh.”  I  moaned  as  I  slipped  back  to  position  myself  correctly  in  the  backseat  while  rubbing  my  head  where  it  hurt.

         Eventually,  Billy  turned  us  around  and  put  the  car  into  drive.  We  sped  back  towards  our  hotel.  My  heart  didn’t  stop  racing  until  the  ghost  town  was  well  out  of  my  vision.  When  the  towns  shape  could  be  seen  in  the  horizon  Billy  pulled  off  the  road  and  came  to  a  stop.  By  then  I’d  already  climbed  up  into  the  front  seat  of  the  car  and  was  half  balled  up  and  crying.

         Billy  reached  over  and  pulled  me  to  him.  He  wrapped  his  arms  around  me  comfortingly.  Normally  I  would  be  a  little  guarded  about  this  kind  of  contact  with  anyone  but  Chris  yet  I  needed  the  reassurance.

         “Shhh  now.”  He’d  murmured  and  rubbed  my  hair.  “Shhh.”

         How  was  he  able  to  stay  so  calm?  However,  I  really  didn’t  care  because  his  soothing  strokes  were  comforting  me.  After  a  while,  I  was  able  to  stop  bawling  and  tried  really  hard  to  compose  myself.

         Billy  started  up  the  car  and  drove  us  the  rest  of  the  way  into  town  and  directly  to  our  hotel.  We  didn’t  speak  the  entire  drive  but  he  kept  one  hand  rubbing  my  arm for  reassurance.  I  was  still  pressed  up  close  to  him  so  it  must  have  been  hard  for  him  to  drive  but  I  was  too  out  of  it  to  care.   

         Once  we  were  in  our  hotel  suite  Billy  led  me  to  the  couch  and  I  lay  down.  I  must  have  been  in  shock  because  I  just  curled  up  on  my  side  and  put  my  hands  under  my  head  and  stared  into  nothing.

         Billy  left  me  to  call  the  cops  and  report  what  had  happened.  When  he  returned  he  lifted  my  head  and  sat  down  next  to  me  resting  my  head  in  his  lap.  I  could  feel  him  shivering.  So  he  wasn’t  as  calm  as  I’d  thought.

         About  an  hour  later,  the  local  authorities  arrived  at  the  hotel  to  take  our  statements.  I  was  still  in  a  bit  of  a  state  but  tried  to  answer  their  questions  the  best  I  could  through  my  sobs.  They  were  there  forever  and  kept  asking  us  the  same  questions  over  and  over.  Late  into  the  night  they  finally  left  Billy  and  I.

         After  they  left  Billy  and  I  curled  up  on  the  couch  and  slept.  To  this  day  I  cannot  stand  to  be  alone  in  the  dark  and  that  night  I  don’t  think  Billy  could  either.

         The  following  day  was  hard  on  our  senses  and  I  really  don’t  know  how  we  made  it  through.  The  local  police  delayed  our  return  home  and  soon  after  arrested  us  for  murder.  They  had  found  Chris,  Greg,  and  Caitlyn’s  bodies  bloodied  and  ravaged  in  that  old  abandoned  town.  However,  there  was  no  sign  of  the  bizarre  creatures  that  had  attacked  us. Accusations  of  occult  worshipping  and  pagan  rituals  were  thrown  into  our  faces  and  they  tried  to  convict  us  for  our  friends’  brutal  murders.  Reporters  can  be  brutal  and  the  media  terrorized  us.  Home  no  longer  was  an  option  for  us.  Instead  a  jail  cell  had  become  our  new  home.

         What  evidence  did  they  have  against  us,  you  ask?  Do  you  recall  the  wet  drop  that  fell  on  my  shoulder  back  in  that  storeroom?  It  was  a  bit  of  Caitlyn’s  blood  dropping  out  of  that  things  mouth!  Oh  and  they  found  my  missing  panties  too.  Billy  had  some  of  Caitlyn’s  blood  on  him  from  the  splatter  caused  by  creature  ripping  her  arm  off  as  well  as  Greg’s  blood  from  dragging  him  back  in  the  storeroom.  Getting  the  convictions  had  been  child’s  play  for  the  prosecutors. 

         I  am  not  sure  when  I  will  be  released  or  if  they  ever  plan  to  release  me.  Do  they  believe  in  capital  punishment  here?  Foreign  authorities  don’t  feel  obliged  to  share  information  with  criminals  and  I  was  not  exactly  right  in  the  mind  after  they  read  my  conviction  to  understand  the  penalty.  Was  surviving  that  night  really  worth  it?


Word Count 3,792
© Copyright 2012 SuzyQ (sqjamison at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1858733-Ghost-Town-Massacre-Rocks-Nation