*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859254-JESSICA-Chapter-one
by Rufus
Rated: 18+ · Other · Adult · #1859254
Jessica, a complex tale of psychosis,lust and revenge. More twists than a corkscrew!

JESSICA

Jessica turned the shower off and stepping out she slowly towelled her toned and tanned body dry. Wiping the steam off the mirror she she spent a long moment admiring her image, well knowing that at forty two she still turned heads and made men half her age drool. Her large breasts were firm and her stomach flat, evidence of time well spent at the gym. After blow drying her long black hair she shook her head vigorously, sending her hair billowing wild and free. Hooding her eyes she made claws of her slender hands, her manicured nails glistening. She feinted playfully at her reflection meowing and hissing. Vixen extrodinaire she chortled gleefully! Today would be fun!

She put her long raven hair in a high ponytail and carefully applied her make-up. Subtle blush, heavy dark mascara, just as her mother had used to, and long dark false eyelashes. Her eyebrows were impeccably groomed thin arches. Her long nails were painted pale pink, matching the colour of her lipstick. To match her sea green eyes she wore her drop emerald earrings and a large emerald ring on the slender middle finger of her right hand. She put on a hint of “Babe,” annoyed that she was fresh out of her favourite scent, “Opium.” Still, “Babe” was good too. Not as good as “Opium” though, she would pick up a new bottle later on today. As an extra WOW factor she would wear her little low cut black dress leather, the one that rode six inches above her knee, the one with the alluring three inch splits. Also she would wear her knee high black leather boots, with a four inch heel, taking her height to six foot two. Surveying her reflection one last time with approval, a triumphant Jessica swept out of her apartment, smug and self assured.

***

Chapter one.

Leo was not an OLD, old man but the years were tumbling past. Right now his back was reminding him of that fact. As he leaned over the engine bay of the Holden his back ached. Just ten minutes leaning over the motor and the pain was almost unendurable. The temperature had past one hundred degrees over an hours ago adding to his discomfort. As if that were not enough the bush flies were driving him crazy. They swarmed all around him and no matter how much he swatted at them,they would not leave him alone. They Crawled into the corners of his eyes stubbornly refused to budge! Even his nose and mouth were targets of the little tormentors. A host of them rested on his back, awaiting their turn to feed on his sweat.

At least it was as cool as anywhere here in the corrugated iron lean - to he called a garage. The floor and the ground all around the backyard of his old pine board house was nothing more than red dust, here and there a spindly salt bush bravely displayed its silver-blue leaves. Another testimony of sad neglect if the truth be known. He knew it was stupid to work on the car today, too damn hot. Soon as he finished fitting the distributor he would go back to the house and crack a coldie. Bloody oath. The bonnet slowly crept lower and lower, finally resting against the back of his head. He pushed it up again impatiently. It promptly started to subside again.

He had almost finished with the distributor when he heard an all too familiar voice.

“Hello darlink!”

He stood upright in surprise, hitting his head noisily on the descending bonnet. “Ah shit, that flamin’ ‘urt’!

Stifling a giggle Jessica feigned concern, “Oh darlink! Are you alright?” and wide eyed she rushed over to him and gently rubbed the back of his balding head.

“Yeah, I’m alrite” the scrawny little man grunted. No flamin’ thanks to you, he added under his breath. “What ya doin’ out ‘ere?” he asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

“Leo! What way is that to greet an old friend?” Pouting suggestively she went on, “It has been a long time and I missed you darlink.”

Leo frowned. “Jessica, you are dressed ta the nines, Ya ‘ardly ever come ‘ere ‘an ya never dress up!Come on wadda ya want really?”

“I dressed like mum used to because I thought it would please you Leo. I thought it would remind you of the old days.”

“Course it does, ya so like ‘er!”

“There you are...”

“There I am nufink, what cha tryin’ ta pull off ‘ere?

Jessica glared icily at him. “Just a social visit darlink, and I thought a pleasant memory for you but if you don’t want me here, then I shall leave and she turned huffily walked toward the side gate and the road beyond.
“Wait a minit! I’m sorry Jessica.”

She smiled triumphantly to herself and slowly turned to face Leo. His thin face was full of alarm and his prominent adams apple rippled excitedly as he swallowed.Silly little man.

Jessica smiled encouragingly and was rewarded by a look of utter adoration

“Will ya come in outta the ‘eet an’ ‘ave a drink Jessica?”

Jessica rolled her eyes mentally, why can’t this creature learn to speak properly? she wondered. “of course darlink, that would be wonderful.” Oh god, the things a girl had to do! She well remembered his filthy little hovel and tentatively stepped into the kitchen. The sickly glow from a low watt light globe confirmed her fears. The place smelt of....well, it just smelt! In the corner the sink was full of dirty dishes and the small Formica topped table was littered with newspapers and more dirty dishes. One of the two chairs present had an engine part sitting on it. A carba thingy she thought. On the other chair lay curled the ugliest cat she had ever seen. It opened one eye and glared balefully at this intruder.

Leo bustled in behind Jessica, “Git orf a there dorg” he yelled, unceremoniously sweeping the cat off of the chair. “Sit down Jessica”

Jessica perched on the edge of the chair and made a mental note to send her dress to the dry cleaners ASAP!

“Wot wud ya like?” Leo beamed. “I got chilled Hock or cold beer”

She surveyed the filth and opted for a beer. Drinking that straight from the bottle would be the safest option!

Leo stood silently staring at Jessica, making her uncomfortable. To break the silence she asked, “Why do you call your cat Dog Leo?”

‘Nah...it’s not dog,it is dorg. Dorg, get it?”

“Dorg?” How unusual.

“Yup Leo beamed, that’s why I picked it, cos it is unusual!”

Geeze, he is thicker than two short planks! “What sort of cat is it Leo?”

“What sort? I dunno, it’s a cat is all.”

A damned ugly one. “Leo darlink” Jessica purred, “Is it true that you are going to Perth next week?”

“Not sure...might be” Leo answered cautiously “Why?” he asked feigning indifference.

“Because I would love to go with you, I’d share the cost” she added smiling brightly.

“Go with me!” Leo spluttered in shocked disbelief. Ta Perth ‘an back? Why?”

Jessica looked thoughtful and let a minute pass before she answered. “Well Leo she began hesitantly, I, I know I have behaved in a perfectly beastly manner toward Jackie.”

“Jackie?” Leo interrupted.

“Yes....Dom’s widow. I have come to terms with the fact mums death was not her fault and I want to... well, make amends and offer my condolences. I am sure Dom was not so bad.

“Strewth! that’s a ‘flamin’ turn up fa’ the books!”

“I know Jessica sighed, but I can see I was wrong. Can I go with you Leo?” Jessica asked plaintively.

Leo scratched his head. “Why dunt ya fly over?”

“It would be quicker and cheaper, I know Leo but I really need your moral support.” Besides she added licking her lips and hooding her eyes suggestively, “The trip might be fun darlink.” Fun? Oh god!

Leo came to a sudden decision, typical of his impetuous nature. His down fall more than once. “Or rite Jessica, kin ya be ready by Thursday?

“Oh yes darlink” Jessica replied while gloating inwardly. “I can do that.”

Leo stood, arms akimbo and watched Jessica’s sleek car fade into the distance. He had a nagging feeling he was going to regret his rash decision. Jessica was trouble and he knew it.

C Gainsford (c) copyright 2011














© Copyright 2012 Rufus (rupert7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859254-JESSICA-Chapter-one