*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859603-I-Pledge-Allegiance-To-Myself
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #1859603
A pledge of self love for women who have been abused, neglected, rejected, or damaged.
As for me,

I choose to live.

I choose to flourish.

I choose to lead my destiny.

I choose to rise above my adversity.

I choose to embrace my uniqueness.

I am a worthwhile person with amazing qualities.

I am a faithful, loving, devoted wife.

I am an open minded, responsible, dedicated mother.

I am an honest, available, concerned friend.

I am a talented, intelligent, soulful woman.

I am the designer of the tapestry of my life from this day forward.

I am my biggest asset and my greatest ally.

I will from this day forward love myself.

I will from this day forward respect myself.

I will from this day forward make myself a priority.

I will from this day forward grant myself permission to be myself.

I will no longer be tied to my past filled with sorrow and pain.

I will no longer allow the people in my life to look upon me with pity or disdain.

I will no longer stare backward at the people and events that have scarred my mind and my soul.

I will no longer surrender to the forces of oppression that have been working against me in my life.

I will no longer cling to the idea that I am unable to move from the darkness of despair into the light of elation.

I have been down the road to hell and back again and come out stronger at the end of the journey.

Today is the first day of the best of my life and as such I will mark this day as the day of my re-birth.
© Copyright 2012 Vick Chick (victoriaposs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859603-I-Pledge-Allegiance-To-Myself