*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859744-mystery-between-future-and-past
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Travel · #1859744
this is a story about a man who goes back in time to find his father but it goes bad
It was March 15th 1998 I was getting ready to travel back in time to see my father who had died just before I was born. Mum didn’t want me to know how or why he died. All I knew is that he was not a fair man. He bashed my mother and destroyed my sister’s life by hurting her every day. Times were very dangerous when he was around but I am seeking the truth and I will not give up until I find it.
That night I said goodbye to my mother and sister, packed my bags and necessities to survive and set my aeroplane to travel to Sydney back in 1931 when my father first laid eyes on my mother. It was good to know I would finally see him but I had butterflies in my stomach and was quite scared that he might harm me but I sucked it up and landed in Sydney 5 hours later cause my aeroplane kept having glitches. So as soon as I landed in Sydney I had something to eat and drink and headed for the streets I was waiting for a taxi but realised there were none in history I decided to walk to the nearest place, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and I saw him. I was a spitting image of him.
He had strawberry blonde hair, light blue eyes and was very skinny just like I am now. There was one thing different he is working on the Sydney Bridge with a beautiful brown hair, hazel eyed girl who was actually my mother. She was actually smiling and wasn’t looking over her shoulders all the time. she was laughing and smiling. It was shocking to see her happy. suddenly the man, my father, came up and said “ G’day mate. Are you our new worker? We could really use your help; these boats are about to dock and we only have myself and Stacey working. “ so I replied I would help. Then the lady ( my mother) said “ Hi I’m Stacey and this is James what’s your name?” I replied with “ Hello my name is Matthew. So why is it that only you two are working at the moment?” Stacey and James replied simultaneously “Everyone is at home sick or tired so we are the only people working all this week”.
It was a busy day and I was so tired. James and Stacey asked me if I would like to join them for a cuppa and biscuits at James’s house and I agreed. When we arrived Stacey put the kettle on and I was waiting with James when he said to me. “Have I seen you before or is it just my imagination?" I froze and we stayed silent until Stacey came out with tea and biscuits and sat down at the table with James and I and she stated that she got confused on who was James and who I was she said “we could be long lost brothers” I replied with something like that” we finally finished at around half past 9 and I headed back to my plane for dinner. Over the months I started falling in love with Stacey and became friends with James until…….. I was over at Stacey’s house and she made us a lovely roast dinner and poured some wine and we started talking about life and what we wanted for the future. I was at her house till half past 8 and as I left she kissed me and just as our lips touched James walked in on us.
I finally finished finding out about my father and I’m petrified he started bashing me when Stacey (my mother)and i kissed and he busted us so now I’m a boy who has a crush on his mother and is scared that his own father will kill me if I sleep again. so I have barely slept in weeks and I have black around my eyes. When I finally decided to go back to my own time to explain to my mother what had happened and how sorry I was I realised I had mucked around with the space continuum of time travel and would suffer the consequences. I landed back at my house in my time 5 hours later and I was exhausted I went to my fridge to get a cup of water but when I went to pick up the cup it fell through my palms and I noticed my hands had faded and I was beginning to fade away how stupid I felt was beyond belief because 1 I fell in love with my mother, 2 my father wants to kill me and 3 I wasted my life by going back in time.
© Copyright 2012 writingstar12 (writingstar12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1859744-mystery-between-future-and-past