*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861486-Unnamed-Fantasy-book
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1861486
This is a start to a fantasy book I have started writing.
                                Prologe




      As Raveniea lies next to Crystal Lake, stareing up at the clear blue sky. She thinks how beautiful the lake has been these past 100 years since the darkness was driven into the underworld, and sealed with the sacrifice of her father. The songs of the aspens have never sounded so sweet, yet there was change in the air. Unlike most elves Raveniea didnt mind change, she just didn't want it to happen overnight. A twig snapped, and she was on her feet. One doesnt normally get close to an elven ranger without them knowing it. As she notched an arrow into her bow she heard from behind her in elven
        "Had I been an enemy, you would lie dead at my feet. Why do you constently daydream here when you are suppose to keep watch?"
        She turned and saw an elf twice her age dressed in green leather armor, and walking boots. A long bow on his back and sword at his hip. A Deer running in a feild of grass make more noise than the head of the Rangers if he doesn't want to be noticed. She noticed a broken twig in his lefft hand, while his right hand rested on the pommel of his sword. Reaching up, she embraced him and hugged him tightly pinning his arms to his side,
      " and Uncle Rashias, never trust anyone cause how will you get anyone with your arms trapped like that." She laughed as she held him in place.
        He looked upon her and smiled. She had her fathers instinks that made her a good ranger, but she still held her mother youthfulness and charm that made everyone like and trust her. And as he looked and smiled at her, he said "lighlithaus" and a flash of light iluminated in front of him.
      "Magic," She said in disgust" Thats no fair, In hand to hand you know i am the best student you have"

      "True, But a warrior makes the best of all weapons at their disposial. And that way you are never truly defenceless. If you spent more time at your studies and less time sleeping you would know that, and you would know that spell i just cast."

      As she walked towards the lake rubbing her eyes," We have magic users, Why must we know how to cast spells. What is so diffrent between their spells and ours?"

        Walking up next to her, thinking how to word what he wanted to say," My little raven, all creatures have magic in them, but the spell we cast and the spells the mages cast are diffrent. Any race can study and become a mage and it takes them many long years to learn 1 spell. The Gods gave us elves the chance to protect nature, and for those of us who choose that path we are rewarded with special spells. We are able to use the energy from the trees, the grass, even the air to protect nature and all good living things."

      "I have heard all this before, but we dont have the threat my father had to deal with." raveniea said quietly, thinking of what her father sacrificed, and it gave her a shiver like a bad omen. Even the ground seemed to shiver with her. Looking around she saw the leaves on the aspen trees shaking, the the lake that was calm a few minuetes before was starting to look like a storm was hitting it even though the wasn't a cloud in the sky. She turned toward her uncle and saw his skin going pale. "uncle rashias what is.."
      He raised a hand to stop her as he stared out over the lake." Raven, I want you to go back and warn the other rangers, An evil is about to break upon us i thought was gone forever. I will try and hold it but it will be up to you and the others to stop it. I can feel it coming." turning towards her he pushed her and yelled "RUN!!!!"
      As she was turning a great beast broke out of the center of the lake. Rashias ran to the edge with an arrow notched yelling to draw its attention. The beast looked like the dragons of old, with glittering blue scales, water running over everyone making them shine in the sunlight, the tips of the claws and talons shone with a whitness that was blinding. The only difffrence between the old dragons and this one was it was twice the size of any dragon she had heard of. Thinking it was the most beautiful and scary creature she had ever seen, she crouched behind a bush staring at it.
    "far to long have i been confind to that prison,and now that i am out i will take my place as ruler of these worthless races. all will bow before me." Roared the dragon Skylar as it looked around. Feeling something ping of its scale, it looked down to see an elf shooting at it. "Bow down before me mortal or become my first meal!!!"
    Rashias knew how this would end, He just hoped the he was buying enough time for Raveniea to get away.." NEVER!!!!!" he yelled and he released and arrow saying the most powerful power word he knew and the arrow turned into two, then four, then eight untill it looked like an army was shooting flaming arrows at the dragon. Realeasing his lightining breath, Skylar dove towards the elf thru the ashes of the burned up arrows. Rashias was hit and thrown back into a tree only 50 yards from where Raveniea was hiding. Skylar swooped in and grabbed the elf up in his claws. Looking for the direction of his cave from years gone, thought he heard a gasp from where he picked up the elf that was to become his dinner. Looking down and seeing nothing but blood and scoarch marks, he finally saw that mountains that used to be his home and started to fly in that direction. already thinking of a plan of how to take over this worthless world.
      From down near where Rashias had given his life, cried raveniea. Watching in horror as her only family member left alive was killed by an evil so old, Her uncle told her that the oldest elves might remember it from their cribs when they were young. wondering what to do if the captain of the rangers couldnt last more than 2 minuetes, what could she do. When the dragon had disapeared from sight, she stood up, and decided to bring this before the elders. she wouldnt let him die in vain. She would do anything to avenge his death.




                                      CHAPTER 1
   
© Copyright 2012 Nicodemus (dee_jayme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861486-Unnamed-Fantasy-book