*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861586-945-am
Rated: · Short Story · Emotional · #1861586
A short story about how a woman tries to hold on to whatever is left of her love.
Tania was cooking eggs when she mumbled, “Good morning, love.”

She set the table for breakfast just like she always did each morning. Two plates sat atop the glass counter across each other – one was washed, while another was rather dusty. The vase that once held lavender tulips from his return now contained in its body a dry, granular filth that only expensive wash and diligence can clean.

She had loved placing ketchup on her eggs ever since. Delight touched her mouth as she had a spoonful of freshly sizzled eggs. After her glass of orange juice, she stood to wash her dish. But the dirty plate remained on the table, graying from flakes of dust.

Tania paced towards the bedroom. The bed spread was creased on the part where she slept, but the other portion remained neat and untouched. She lay gently, quite careful as to not destroy the perfect half of the mattress. Her fingers caressed the flawless sheets, ever so tenderly, and she slowly closed her eyes.

“I miss you…” Just like every morning, she did.
© Copyright 2012 Catherine Jamaica (mightywords at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861586-945-am