*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861742-American-Cancer-Racism
Rated: E · Article · Political · #1861742
We come together to stamp our breast / lung cancer and heart disease: Racism is deadlier!
RACISM IS A PROBLEM IN AMERICA: And WE ARE AFRAID TO ADDRESS IT!

One of the major causes for this problem is that half of us refuse to admit it and the other half refuses to omit it. But we are all SICK AND TIRED OF IT. White people are sick and tired of us using the color of our skin as an excuse for all our problems; and black people are sick and tired of our problems being excused because of the color of our skin.

However, instead of us coming together as an “advanced,” intelligent, nation of reasoning people to eradicate it; we redundantly behave like immature kids; taking sides, calling each other names, and fighting/killing each other.

TAKING ANY “SIDE” IN THIS CANCEROUS ILLNESS for the mere sake of being black or white, tolerant or intolerant, sick of hearing it or tired of dealing with it; IS AN ACT OF COWARDICE!

It takes a mature nation to put aside its ego and admit it’s wrong, apologize and make amendments; and it takes a mature people to recognize their mistakes, correct them and do things differently.

I know there are just as many black people guilty of racism as there are white people; I acknowledge that. However, the racism blacks’ project is based on the oppression of social and economic equality while the racism whites’ project is based on the suppression of social and economic equality.

I also know that the majority of white people are not racist; in fact, I can infamously say, “many of my best friends and neighbors are white.”

But also, I know for a fact that the majority of black people are not making this problem up and are suffering from “innuendo discriminations” that for the most part, cannot be proven but are very disabling socially and economically as well as being the major cause of such incidents as what has happened to Trayvon Martin, and countless others across this country.

It is appalling to try to justify racism; intolerance by any other name, like a rose, remains the same.
It is also appalling to keep expecting ignorance to correct itself.

A CURE FOR THE RACE

We can all come together to stamp out breast cancer, lung cancer, and heart disease. We must recognize that RACISM is the most DEADLY CANCER AND DISEASE OF THE HEART THREATENING OUR ENTIRE NATION and we ALL need to come together to stamp this out too.

However, as with any first step to recovery, WE HAVE TO ADMIT IT IS A PROBLEM FIRST.
© Copyright 2012 Ex-Black Woman (msmelanian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861742-American-Cancer-Racism