*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861968-Rose-of-Confusion
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #1861968
A woman finds a red rose on her chair- inspired by a writing prompt
      Elizabeth lounged lazily on her beach chair listening to the water lap at the shore. The wind was beginning to blow, lifting her blonde curls up across her pale cheek.  She pushed her manicured feet further into the sand and sighed heavily.

    "I'm gonna burn so bad today if I'm not careful." she thought pulling the brim of her hat further down over her face. She rummaged through her designer beach bag looking for the sunscreen.

    "Damnit!" she cursed,  realizing she tore a small corner of her fingernail.

    "Mei Lien is going to kill me. It's bad enough that my toes are covered in sand." she muttered burying her feet even further.

    Elizabeth glanced over her shoulder towards the main building of the country club.  Where is everyone? She scrunched up her perfect nose and sipped deeply from her cocktail. "Maybe I should have stayed by the pool instead of coming down here where no one can see me." she thought. "There just isn't enough attention paid."

    A tall man was walking towards her and she adjusted her bikini strap to fall languidly across her shoulder.  She looked up with her trademark smirk, noticing it was only a waiter. "I have got to get my prescription changed."

    "Miss, do you need another cocktail?" he asked flatly.

    She slowly put her lips around the straw, smiled, and finished the rest of her drink. She waved the glass towards him and mewed, "I suppose I do."

    "What were you having?

   
© Copyright 2012 R. Paige (nostalgitripp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1861968-Rose-of-Confusion