*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862052-AIded-Escape
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1862052
A magic themed short story written in boredom
         I swore up and down to myself. My blade was shattered with my shield in no better condition, and my pursuers were still on my tail. One of their grunts jumped down ahead of me, his sword and shield already drawn. When he made his charge I slowed my run to a walk and readied myself to meet him head on. As I raised my shield to protect myself, an intense heat passed in front of me. I lowered my shield cautiously and the smell struck me before the sight did.

         The grunt and several others who had been hiding were lying scorched on the ground. A female stalked by just then, clad in a robe as blue as the sky with a matching hood to cover her face. Every movement displayed grace to the world, even as she raised her hands to me to cast her spell. I had only a moment to defend myself before the torrent of magical fire clashed against my shield. I blessed the Gods that the runes all along my shield edges stood and deflected the tempest away from me. I lowered my still sizzling shield to realize she had already disappeared.

         With the closest of the ground burned to death, I thought of ways to escape from them. My own magical ability was lacking, but they have brought Tracers to track even that miniscule amount. With this in mind, I came to rest next to a fallen tree. I chose to meditate on my ability and work to suppress it for the moment. I was too late it seemed as a dart of ice nearly took my ear off. I rolled away and went for my shield only to have a large axe plunge right through the grip. I scrambled away only to have the rest circle around me. I stood and spun this way and that, not letting one have my back for too long. I froze when I spotted the witch again. Her hands were already raised and her lips spoke the incantation. In a moment, I was surrounded by a mystical blue fire that barred my attackers their chance at my head. The last thing I remember was he stalking towards me. Next thing I know, I’m here, staring at your very ornate ceiling.

         So, shall we search for her?
© Copyright 2012 Rion Destro (blastermod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862052-AIded-Escape