*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862285-JAMP-2012-Camp-Essay
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1862285
My application essay
April 18, 2012
Five-Hundred Word Essay
The title of physician has been given through all of history to a person who diagnoses and treats clients with their illnesses and disorders; this is what I want to be, a doctor of medicine, I want the initials of M.D written after my name. Medicine as James Bryce said, “Is the only profession that seeks to destroy the reason for its existence”, and with that beauty of a contradiction, medicine is such a rewarding career for those who can achieve it.

Medicine has always been an inspiration for me as a child growing into a youth, how a disease can evolve into such an infection, and how a men and women spend days diagnosing until they find the strain of bacteria in such a disease and give the treatment of antibiotics to cure the client within the facility. How a virus attacks the human public and many spend hours in line at the physician’s office to see what can be done to protect the others who have not been affected yet, in which the physician gives doses of vaccines to the un-attacked members of society to be protected from such illness. Medicine has always been to me not only a inspiration but a curious friend, as to understand it would take longer to cure it, and it goes to others of our kind, it splits its’ mind into categories such as cardiology, psychology, dermatology, et cetera.

Medicine is such a beauty to learn from since she gives herself to all of humanity and takes us all in to be ill and cured. I want to be a physician badly, I want to become the physician that my family never experienced, and become the physician that helps his community in curing illnesses that affect my poor neighborhoods. To learn how to be my dream at such a young age is the opportunity given to some and earned by few, and the challenge to be even accepted to the JAMP camp is like the challenge to be accepted to medical school, for been in a economic status has made me more motivated to become my dream of health care, than others that can go through life with money and hope they get in; for not having much I have tried harder than others.

My heart and mind is bound to study medicine and become the physician I have previously stated, this opportunity to learn and visit the colleges that may at one point call my alma mater. My want for a good education in medicine is strong, stronger than the hardness of a diamond. Right now I sit in my Health Science class writing this essay to apply to the JAMP 2012 Camp, and as I write all this, I can’t help but think of all the amazing lessons I will learn upon been in the camp, and I also think of myself soon at medical school, thinking back to myself that I reached my goal, thanks through my work with the camp. I like to thank you, for whoever is reading this, for giving me more time to read, write, and think of how motivated I am to becoming a physician, well it has motivated me even more, and if you think am worthy enough to enter the camp, well then there is another thank you.

Sincerely

Joel Perez
© Copyright 2012 Joel Perez (joel0605 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862285-JAMP-2012-Camp-Essay