*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862528-Thankfully-Amazed
by marc
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1862528
How do you explain miracles? What message do they bring into your life?

              Over the weekend you decide to paint the living room. Some friends stop by to lend a hand. It doesn't take long and soon you're finished. Your friends plop down on the couch which is covered by the drop cloth. Alas, one spot high on the wall was missed. In a moment of haste, you choose not to bother with the drop cloth and move the step ladder and set the can of paint on top.

              Oops...banging into the ladder you send the paint can tipping off the edge. The can does a flip with the paint following behind. Thankfully, the can lands upright and a moment later the paint lands swimmingly back inside.

              "Wow! That was amazing!"

              "A miracle!"

              With heart still pounding you listen as a debate ensues to explain what just happened. Your PHD friend jumps right in.

              "A miracle of science." He explains that many physical laws are responsible and lists them all. "The entire event was simply natural."

              "A miracle yes, but for no reason." Continues another. "There is no order, simply chaos."

              "A miracle of fate." The third jumps in. "You are so lucky." And finally the last adds,

              "A miracle of faith, definitely no other answer but the hand of God."

              They turn to you to decide who's right. Then after pausing you reply...

              "It doesn't matter which of you are right and therefore none of you are wrong. What matters is what happened. A miracle. Whether a miracle of nature, a miracle without cause, a miracle of chance, or a divine miracle the simple truth is it was a miracle and I am thankful for it. Looking at life, I can't help but be amazed. Everything is a miracle no matter if it be matter, energy, chaos, or divine...everything is a miracle and I am thankful everyday for it."
© Copyright 2012 marc (marcjdwelis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1862528-Thankfully-Amazed