*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863020-Last-Visit
Rated: E · Prose · Dark · #1863020
This is simply very short, and reflects on how I was feeling this evening.
  I called you last week, not to bother you, but because I hadn't heard anything from you in a couple of weeks. Same old excuse busy with work, tired, etc., etc.. I work too, and find myself getting more and more tired with each day, but I always make sure that I take the time to check up on the ones that I love. You said that you would most likely stop over after work before we hung up. That night I stayed dressed and waited until well after midnight.

  Thinking that I got the night wrong I repeated the same thing for the next two nights.  Sitting there, still dressed in the clothes that I had on all day, exhausted and wanting to be more comfortable, I couldn't help but start to cry. What did I do to make you suddenly so distant? I remember a time when we were so close, a time when you actually still cared.

  One day I will again be dressed and waiting. Waiting for all of my guests  to stop by and see me. Some because they will feel like they have to, a very small handful because they really did care, and then of course you will be there.

  I'm sure that once again I will be a nuisance and interrupt another important event in your life. But this time you can breathe a sigh of relief, because it will be the absolute last time that you will ever have to see me...
© Copyright 2012 lorrielee kelley (lorrielee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863020-Last-Visit