*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863114-The-Predecessors-Alpha-Saviors-Ch-2
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1863114
We venture into the young teens memories that have been chosen to be the Alpha Saviors
Chapter 2

How do you feel about using kids? I sure as hell don’t think its right but Ill admit they have qualities no others have, I am not sorry for helping cause this and I will accept what comes after this war. – Mason Fang to Thomas Connor

13/09/2012 08:22 - Blanche Harbor/ Australia 

“Connie? Wake up Connie you’ll be late for training!”

Connie woke awoke in bed with soft pillows and a velvet cover, she lumbered out of bed and put clothes on quickly. When she had left her room she looked like any other teen. She was wearing skinny jeans and batman shirt. She ran out the door without saying goodbye to her mother, she climbed onto the Personal transportation Tram that was waiting outside for her. Connie didn’t know it yet but this was the last time she would see her mother. She sat down, closed her eyes and slept all the way to the training facility.

Li Anderson watched as the PTT came to halt and was wondering what assort meant of teens he’d be training with, the door slid open and only five teens stepped out, the first one he saw was a girl, and tall, easily 6ft, had brown hair in a pony tail and was wearing a Batman t-shirt, the next one was a guy about 5ft 7 and the first thing Li noticed about him other than his height was the massive scar going across his left eye and was clearly blind in that eye, he was wearing a Guns ‘N’ Roses t-shirt. The next one he saw was a girl, scruffy blue hair, she was 5ft 5 l and was wearing a Rooster Teeth t-shirt which read “Protect me Cone” Li didn’t get it. The last two he saw were girls as well, one was the same height as the girl with the batman t-shirt but with cherry-red hair and an aqua t-shirt on, while the other was the smallest about 5Ft 5, Asian with hair so black it looked as if it was the night its self and it was going down to her waist, she looked way to innocent to belong here. The five of them all walked towards Li, they said hello and Li learned the girl with the Batman shirt was called Connie McKenzie, the kid with the Cone shirt was called was called Charlie Petty, the blind guy everyone just called “Scar” and he didn’t take offense to it. The girl with red hair was called Carolina Wellford and the Asian girl was Called Lunah Amouran.

Li walked them all over towards a holographic shooting range and explained the guns fired blanks but reacted with the holographic enemies which are displayed in various locations and heights. He asked Carolina to pick up a gun from the store directly behind them.

Carolina wondered why they were letting kids use guns even if they did fire blanks, either way she didn’t hesitate, picked up a Barret.50 Cal sniper rifle, walked back over to Li aimed it down range, while Li asked the for the HSR to come online and 2 seconds later it did, Carolina squeezed of a few shots but she missed the Targets. “Don’t worry about no one is ever good on their first go” Li tried to supportive but it only angered Carolina and she threw the 50.cal at him “Think you can do better?” She asked in a challenging tone. Li caught the sniper rifle, aimed down range squeezed of three rounds hitting each target in the head. Carolina was disappointed and amazed that he had managed to hit each target, she said nothing for the rest of the day, the others huddled round Li and were calling him “OneShot”. Li hurried them all to the next training course which was hand to hand combat which they all had to learn, Li picked Carolina again, she wouldn’t let herself down this time, he activated the Hard light holographic simulation. Hard light meant that they holograms could be touched, as they were actually there. Good, She though to herself, she needed to hit something. The moment it came online she was already pummelling the first hologram, while another swung a punch at her, Carolina ducked underneath just in time, got straight back up, punched it in the face, did a 180 degrese turn and would have broken the last holograms jaw if it had really been there, Li looked stunned as did the others, one of them shouted “way to go Dual fist” she couldn’t tell who said it but she liked the name.

Li was about to show them their bunks when he remembered “Oh by the way you all need to say what’s directly above me.” Every one of them even Li repeated it in unison “Daring to fail is the only way to succeed, we fight in the dark in hopes that light will rise. We fight in the Day, In the night side by side with our allies with hope that we will survive, to see the dawn once more is our gift”

When they had finished an adult called Thomas Connor walked over towards them, Carolina knew his name because she could see his name tag and being taller than the small man helped. At last he said “Welcome to the Alpha Saviors”

© Copyright 2012 LankeyFish (lankeyfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1863114-The-Predecessors-Alpha-Saviors-Ch-2