*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1864132-SOMETHING-TO-TALK-ABOUT
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1864132
You can think, talk and write anything under the sun
        I had been draining my mind on what to talk about in my column.  They say you can talk about anything under the heat of the sun.  Well the problem is... the sun is not always in heat.  Rain pours out of nowhere that I can’t think of what to discuss about.  I really feel empty, but I know as I face the computer and try to touch on the keypads, I can pour out anything out of my head.



         I remember the story about the Button Soup.  Imagine a soup made with only one button.  How could a single button give taste and be a soup.  Whatta tought!!! It was an idea of Daisy Duck who wanted to teach her stingy Uncle Scrooge.  She is trying to convince her Uncle that soup can be made with only a button, without adding any ingredients and without spending a single penny.  Just like me, I’m trying to convince my self that I could write using just the computer and that anything would come out of my mind without me reading anything or talking to anybody about issues.. about concerns.. and about anything.



         Now let’s go back to the button soup. Daisy boiled a big pot of water and dropped a single button as his uncle just watched her with curiosity.  Well of course a soup needs salt and pepper to taste so she asked for it and when her uncle provided her, she found out that her uncle do have many flavors to choose from.  Well it means her uncle has so many things kept in his storage. Daisy made an effort to take out all those delicious things in that storage, telling her Uncle that some things are to be added to make the soup really special like celeries, cabbages, turnips, and other leafy vegetables including young corn.  Well of course her uncle wanted to make the soup very special that he gave all of those leafy vegetables to be added to the soup.  Then to top it all, Daisy had convince her Uncle that the Button Soup  had won 1st Prize on the Food Fair because it has juicy and tasty ham and chicken bits.  On the attic her uncle came rushing to get the stored ham and chicken bits and as such the button soup was then ready to serve. Well Daisy wanted the soup to be shared to everyone in the neighborhood, but to her dismay, her Uncle just screamed saying “ Share!!! Are you crazy, food is hard to get the button soup should be stored and not to be shared!!! ”. Daisy just smiled sweetly saying, “ Remember Uncle, we made the soup with just one button”.  The neighborhood had shared a sumptuous meal and everyone acclaimed that the button soup was really delicious. Uncle Scrooge felt the real happiness on sharing and caring for his neighbors.



         The button soup had made wonders that it taught me how to make splendors out of simplicity.  I learned that talents, ideas and expertise are better improved when shared. My former editor just visited me and encouraged me to write and give my opinions on perennial issues that concerns the people. I would be given the chance to express my views as a young professional. Many issues had been affecting us lately, terrorism... kidnapping... graft and corruption...politics... economy... and anything, that even without the heat of the sun you can talk about it, add spice to it and share it to everybody.  When I started touching the computer, I felt like the soup trying to be delicious with just one button.  Yes, now I realize that if we really care we should share, and if we share we would make a difference, and well make our lives more delicious with just one button.

© Copyright 2012 watchamacallit (irishjada at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1864132-SOMETHING-TO-TALK-ABOUT