*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1864631-Graduation-Speech-2012
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1864631
My speech
At this time of graduation, I would like to thank Bonnie, Hannah and Bikerider, for coaching and taking time to answer my inane and often repeated questions.

I joined WDC back in 2007 and had no idea the depth or breadth the site. I was unemployed for three of those years and at times felt alone and defeated. Writing was my knot at the end of the rope.A few months ago I was invited to join a newbie class and a class on reviewing.

I found the class descriptions were lacking. There was nothing that mentioned, wonderful teachers and guides. There was nothing in the syllabus that informed me there would be other people, just like me, that would read my stories and review them with as much dedication as I did. There was nothing that said mentors or moderators would read random reviews and reward with badges or points.

Each task challenged me to look closer, extend my boundaries and think outside the box. I was rewarded by my peers and mentors for my efforts.

Since joining this class I have been asked by others, outside the class, to read and review their work. What an honor and responsibility it is.

I am looking forward to joining the Alumni group, to take another step on my journey as a writer.
© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1864631-Graduation-Speech-2012